Chapter 22 (warning: mild smut)

[Ava's p.o.v]

     I pace back and forth in the locker area in my swimsuit. My towel was draped over my shoulders, keeping me warm. "Why do people even do this?" I rant to Mallory. "It was just a swim bag. The only things that could've had value were my phone and the necklace!"
     Mallory was still sitting down on the bench, trying to calm me down, "I have no idea. Some people are just super big meanies."
     That made me feel a little bit better, but I was still freaking out. "Yeah, but what if Dan and Phil didn't catch the theif? What if he got away with my most prized..."
     At that moment, someone started knocking on the back door of the room. I walked over to it, hoping, praying that they at least got something back. My heart wanted to pound out of my chest.
     I twisted the door handle and shakily hesitated. Eventually, I opened the door.
I'm acting like a complete fool, I told myself. They'll have it! Even if they didn't, I could replace almost everything in there.
     After reassuring myself that it was going to be fine, I swung open the door. Maybe a little bit too fast because I made Phil jump. I looked them over for any scratches or bruises to indicate a fight. Surely enough, there wasn't any.
     Then I saw my bag. I jumped into Dan and Phil's arms and squeezed them tight. Grabbing my bag, I invited them in.
     Mallory came to the door and saw the smile across my face. She started smiling too. "Well," she said. "I think we should leave you alone to get dressed."
     Phil chimed in, "then we'll go out and have fun! Especially after all that drama." Him and Mallory left the room and me and Dan were sitting in there. Alone.
     I put the bag down onto the bench where I could see it. I never wanted to take my eyes off of it ever again. I then looked back at Dan who was smiling bigger than ever before. I chuckled, "what?"
     He started laughing, "oh nothing. It's just I've never seen you this happy before. Well, at least not since we started dating."
     I rolled my eyes. "Hey! If you lost something that was near and dear to you, you probably would be as happy as that once you got it back." I wrapped my arms around his waist and stuck my hands in his back pockets. By now I was almost dry, but I was still wrapped in my towel.
     "Yeah I probably would." He lifted up my chin so that I would look at him. "But I have a great big feeling that she'll never leave." I reached up and kissed him.
     Only this time, I didn't want to pull away. Neither did he.
     We sunk deeper and deeper into the kiss. His warm body up against my cold and damp swimsuit. I felt... protected, like I wasn't going to go any further away from him than I already am.
     It eventually turned so deep that we couldn't breathe. He pinned me up against a locker and started to kiss me on the neck. I ran my fingers through his hair as he got closer and closer to my sweet spot.
     He had found it and it made me shiver. I smiled and he came back up to my face and kissed me on the lips even more.
     We broke apart. Breathing heavy, I asked, "why didn't that ever happen before?"
     Our foreheads were touching as he said, "I literally have no freaking idea." [A/N: I can't say the other f word bc my parents might read this] He kept speaking in between breaths. I love it when he say literally in that special way. "I hope it happens again."
     He gave me one more little smooch and pulled away even further, but still held me. "You want me to help you get dressed?"
     "Once I get my underwear on, sure," I say, remembering something important.
     He looked shocked. "Aw, darn!"
     Jeez. I continued, "if I let you see everything right now, that would go against something that I'm not supposed to do until a certain point."
     He looked confused as I grabbed my underwear out of my bag. I stopped. "Did I never tell you this?"
     He shook his head saying, "tell me what?"
     I sighed, knowing that this was going to become a complete surprise to him. "I'm a Christian," I blurted out.
     His facial expression turned from concerned to surprised in half a second. "Okay. Why does that interfere with that?" He sat down as he said that.
     "Because of the sixth commandment. 'Thou shall not commit adultery' which means that I can't do-the-do until I'm married with that person, or in our case, I can't show you anything."
     I started walking towards the toilet stalls as he stood up. He opened his mouth to say a comback to that, but he just closed it again. I walked into the stall with my underwear and my towel and he walked back to the locker area.
     He eventually said, "I don't want to get in the way of your religion, but I just feel like it's wrong to not do it before we're married."
     "I'm sorry," I said as I came out of the stall in my underwear. "I just can't break the commandments."
     He sighed, "well, at least I get to see you half naked. I mean, I think that's good enough!" He then helped me get my t-shirt and sweatpants on and we walked out of the room. I had my bag on my back. He held my shoulders and I was holding his waist.

A/N: sup peeps.
So that just happened. But also I'm kinda sorry because of that. Hope y'all forgive me.
And it's been a while, I know that. It's just we are doing career projects for 8th grade and... ugh they're killing all of us bc we still have to do math homework and science homework and it's all crap. I'm serious. I can't stand it all.
But I SHALL FIGHT THROUGH IT!!! And the gravity falls finale killed me also. Come to my house and we will have a crying festival.
Anyways, I hope I didn't take too long that I lost readers. And I love you all and have a great next week!
Later👋🏼