Chapter 19

[Unknown p.o.v]

     She thinks she can protect her from me. She could've stayed out of the conversation we last had and would've had her in my grasp.
     I search YouTube and go into her channel. It tells me to subscribe.
She lied. She tricked me into thinking Mallory wasn't into editing.

Avahasnothingnew
> Subscribe  1,001,793

     The amount has gone up. This is not good. If she gets to popular I won't be able to get to Mallory.
     A new video has popped up.

A New Channel!

     She told me she didn't want to do editing with me.
She broke me. I need to stop them.

[Dan's p.o.v]

     I walk down the sidewalk with Phil and Mallory in front of me holding hands. We had breakfast and were walking to the London Aquatics Centre. Ava texted me to meet me at the pool so that we could all hang out and celebrate her subscriber amount.
     She was really excited for it. I could tell.
     We walked though the doors and found the pool. We were still in the hallway separating the pool from the front desk.   The place was huge! It was a fifty-meter pool which, as Ava told me, was as long as the Olympic pools. The place was empty, except for Ava's stuff on the side benches. Her bag was bright blue, and black of corse. Everything that she needed was usually packed into it.
     Once we got into the main area where the pool was. I could hear the humming of the machinery, pumping the water.  The water looked still for a moment, but the ripples started getting bigger and bigger.
     I stared at the water as we walked over to the benches where Ava's bag was. While we walked, Phil asked, "why are you so amazed by the water dan?"
     I shook my head. "I don't know. It just looks... mesmerizing."
     Soon after I said that, Ava swam through the lane. Her arms flying above her head as she did backstroke. She soon neared the wall, and got awfully close. Look out! I shouted in my head.
     She then turned over fast and flipped at the wall. Pushing off, she flipped over to her back with her hands above her head. She zoomed through the water, making every stroke count.
     She did a lap at the other end. She then got back down here and stopped. Taking off her goggles, she notices us sitting there watching her. She smirks at me.
     Now that... that was mesmerizing.
     She stayed sitting in the water for a few minutes afterwards, breathing and meditating. She then hopped out of the water, and drank lots of water out of her bottle. I found it ironic that swimmers needed to drink water still, even though they're already in the water.
     Her body in the suit was slim and muscular. She stood there in her wet suit for over five minutes focusing on what she was working on. Breathing techniques, calming herself down before swimming I guess.
     She then put her bottle down on the side of the pool, put her goggle on, and took one last, deep breath while closing her eyes. She opened them and made her way onto the diving block, adjusting it to her leg length.
     I saw her look at Mallory and nod. Apparently she knew what to do.
     Mallory took her phone out and put it on stopwatch mode. She then yelled, "take your mark!" Ava bent over and gripped the block tight. It looked like she was going to rip the board out of the ground. Her muscles popping out as if she was trying to pick up a hundred pound weight.
     All was still for a moment.
     "Go!" Ava snapped off the block and flew through the air, making it look like she didn't even need to speaker any effort into throwing herself off. She squeezed her arms as tight as she could making her fly farther.
     A splash came soon after making the silence disperse.
     She did what looked like a million kicks underwater until she finally came up out of her own world. She was doing freestyle. I knew this from the anime called free! that she always made me watch.
     She turned at the other end and came back just as quickly as she did going down. She then looked back at Mallory and waited for something.
     I looked down at Mallory's phone and saw the timer. Ava seemed like she was in distress waiting for the time she got.
     "A minute thirty-seven," Mallory shouted.
     I then saw Ava's eyes go wide. She dove back into the water onto her back with happiness. "New record!" She then jumped in with a cannonball and got us all soaked.
     We all laughed at her. We were all so proud of what she's become.

A/N: Alright! I hope you all loved the new chapters! Sorry if you didn't like the spam but I have been wanting to share my story for soooooo long.
Anyways have a great rest of the week!
Bye👋🏼