Chapter 25

[Ava's p.o.v]

*the next day; July 9, 2015: 1:00 PM*

     Me and Dan are out on a date this afternoon. He said he would take me somewhere where I've never been. Kinda worried about that.
     About a couple blocks from the Big Ben, Dan let go of my hand. I turn to him and ask, "What's up?"
     He looked up from looking into his pocket. "Oh, I wanted it to be a very big surprised to you." He pulled out a red cloth. "So I'm gonna blindfold you!"
     "Okay..." I say sarcastically, "that's not creepy at all."
     "Please, just trust me."
     Worried, I sighed, "okay fine." I turn my back to him so he can tie it. "But you better not push me into the ocean!"
     He scoffed, "you're a swimmer. If I were to do that, which I'm not, you'd be just fine."
     "Well I have a mild fear of the ocean." He finishes tying. "It like one of those fears where I could go into it if I were going to die, but... rather not do it at the moment."
     He guided me though the sidewalk as I try to look down where I'm going. My face is shaped weird so I can see through the bottom of the blindfold.
     "Okay we're here." He untied the blindfold. Up ahead was a fantastic sight.
It was the London Eye.
     I've always loved the way it looked when I was a kid. It was especially pretty tonight with a beautiful sunset and a clear sky.
     I cupped my mouth with my hands. I then lowered them to my heart. "Oh, Dan! It-it's so beautiful!"
     "You like?"
     "I love!" I turned and jumped into his arms. "Thank you for this." I kissed him.
     He had a little smirk. "Oh, this isn't all Ava!"
     I was confused. "What else is there?"
     "We're going to go on it!"
     My stomach dropped, and so did my smile. I hate, hate, hate heights! I've despised them ever since I was a little kid.
     Dan noticed my faded smile and his died too. "Sweetie, what's wrong?"
     "I-I..." I trailed off. I noticed a hooded figure across the street. It felt like it was looking at us. Strange feeling, but it was probably just a random person.
     He shook me by my shoulders, gently. "C'mon, you can tell me."
     "It's just th-that... I have an extreme fear of heights!" I said the last part quickly.
     "What?" He sounded worried, "we can go somewhere else if you'd like. M-maybe... a restraunt nearby. Or..."
     By then I calmed down more. "Dan, it's okay I think I'll be able to handle it."
     He sighed and hugged me tight. "Are you sure? I don't want to put you into a position like this."
     "Yeah," I say, finally calming down a lot. "When I have you by my side, there's nothing to worry about." He then kissed my forehead and we stood there for a minute, just taking in the presence of each other.
     "C'mon,"I say pulling away from the hug. "We should probably get on before the line gets too long."
     I pulled him along beside me and we walked towards the line. I looked back towards where the strange person was leaning. They were gone.
     Dan noticed me looking back and asked, "did you see something?"
     "Yeah." I say, shaking my head, "but I don't think it was anything. It's gone."
     We got in the line and soon after someone in a bright, puffy coat came up behind us. I just have that kind of sense, basically the sixth sense.
     Dan don't notice them but I did.
     I then felt a sharp pain in the middle of my back. My shirt felt wet. Everything around me started to blur.
     Dan was calling my name as he held me. Footsteps ran behind me. He called for help, but I didn't hear anymore.
     Blackness surrounded me as I fell into it. I didn't see any light. All I heard were four faint words.
     Stay with me Ava
     I woke up in a hospital bed, with no one in inside the room. A nurse soon came in and found me partially sitting up. She then helped me sit up higher.
     "Hold on," she said. "Let me go... get..."
     Everything faded to black again.
     I woke up again in the hospital bed still. It didn't seem like I moved for a while, but everything hurt badly. So I stayed still hoping someone would come get me.
     I looked out the window of the room. I saw Mallory. And two other people. I think one was Phil, my college bestie.
     The last one I recongnized, but his name I couldn't remember. I don't know why he's even here.
     Mallory saw me trying to sit up more and tugged on Phil's shirt. Pointing at me, they all rushed in, even the doctor   they were talking to.
     And the strange man
     He had brown hair and was almost as tall as Phil.
     Mallory and Phil ran up and hugged me. It hurt but I missed her so much. I just didn't know why Phil cared for me so much now. We haven't seen each other in almost... I don't know, five years.
     Then they let go of me and said they missed me so much.
     "I missed you too, Mallory," I said. "But why is Phil here? We haven't even seen each other in forever!"
     Their faces turned from joyful, to sorrowful in almost half a second. "Wh-what do you mean, Ava?" Phil was very concerned. "I'm your best friend - we are all your best friends!"
     I looked past him and Mallory and towards the brown-haired man. "Then how come I don't know him?"

A/N: Phangirl in 3... 2... 1...
Later👋🏼