Chapter 10

New chapter up! Enjoy! ^_^

Special dedication: @sweetXsword for the new cover! Thank you soo much sweetie for the cover and also for being my sweetest online friend! Love you loads. <3

***************

CHAPTER 10

The following morning, I wake up feeling tired and droopy from all the crying the previous night. I just can't​ get over it, no matter how much I try. The hangover effect of love or whatever you can call that, maybe... will take some time.

I grumpily drag myself out of bed and into the bathroom, for a hopefully refreshing shower to soothe my sore body which feels extremely exhausted.

What about my sore heart?
I internally cringe as I'm starting to sound like the lead actress of a cheap melodramatic daily soap.

This definitely has to stop!

I step in to the bathroom, take off my clothes, and then proceed to turn on the shower and step into the tub. The mild warm water is a huge relief in the chilly morning. I drift off into my thoughts half way into the shower.

After about ten minutes, I finish up and quickly get out. I shudder when my bare feet touches the cold wooden floor. I hurriedly pull on a top which I don't quite care about as I decide to wear a hoodie to warm up, and then a pair of tight jeans and my white and turquoise sneakers.

"Morning mom." I say with absolutely no excitement.

"Morning! You okay, hon?" She asks with a trace of worry lining her words.

"Yeah mom. Just a little tired f-" she cuts me off before I can finish.

"Tired? When I got home, I didn't see you and dad said you were sleeping upstairs, so I didn't bother disturbing you. Didn't you sleep last night?" She asks with a scrutinizing look, the one that accuses me of 'you were up with your phone the whole night'!

"Mom, calm down! I did go to bed early but ended up rolling over all night! Just one of those rare sleepless nights." I sprawl out with a yawn.

That was indeed true, as I am known to be a 'sleep baby'. Sleepless nights are rare. Or so I thought...

"Mom! I'm leaving early as I have some work to finish before college starts." I say grabbing my bag and my phone. "And don't worry of my breakfast, I'll have it at the cafeteria." I assure with a tiny smile.

"As soon as you reach college." She says with a frown. She knew too well to know that I'd either forget to eat or decide not to, being busy with college work.

"Yeah mom! As soon as I reach college!" With a reassuring hug, I leave the house.

I walk down to the bus stop, feeling extremely tired and sleepy due to the previous night. I could literally kill for a cup of coffee now.

At first, I plan on calling Natty and going along with her but then decide against it. My mind yearns for some me-time, time to myself, time to get over this. I know that will definitely take a while as, feelings don't pop up every day to me, but at least time to partially get over it. So I can be me, the normal me again!

I sit there pondering for a while during which a bus arrives and I just hop onto it.

On reaching college, I sense the rumble in my tummy, my hunger pangs increasing. Therefore, I head to the cafeteria to grab a quick breakfast and a hot cup of coffee.

"Hey Jack!" I wave on seeing his familiar smiling face. He radiates a very cheerful vibe, that unknowingly, a smile creeps up my face.

"Amy! Sup with you?" He asks from the table, which he is currently cleaning. I look around and spot just a handful of students either chatting away or sleeping.