Chapter 1

Hello everyone! :) Here's my first update and the very first chapter of the book... Hope you guys enjoy it!

*************

CHAPTER 1

'Another day, a new beginning and millions of possibilities but, I still choose to be lazy! I'm still the awesome old-me!' With this thought, I jump off my bed, make an attempt at stretching and walk up to the window. The early morning fog-covered trees and the distant chirping of birds, do their bit to ward away my morning grumpiness. I stand there for a while, lost in silent admiration, as my mind fills with a whirlwind of thoughts, none too clear to comprehend. I feel prepped up for the day and head downstairs.

"Morning mom!" I greet, in a weird 'happy-morning' tone, that sounds too squeaky for my liking and something about her face tells me I'm going to regret it soon.

"Morning dear! I was just about to wake you up," a curious smile lights up my face, "so w-we could talk about your... t-tuitions," and that smile vaporizes before I can even realize. She pauses for what seems like eternity and then turns to me, ready for my angry outburst! Sighing, I just stare at her, not wanting to do this all over again.

"Mom, I think we already had this conversation. I'm so not going to an extra class again. It's just a waste of time and I'd rather waste it at home." I repeatedly say well aware, that it falls on deaf ears each time but I can fight my case, right? Even if I am certain that my words don't stand a chance. That's the drawback or side-effect of a 'never-give-up spirit' that I'm made up of. Therefore I stand my ground, matching mom's steely glare.

"You know what's a waste of time? It's all this time and money that I invested in your studies, in YOU! All I want is for your life to be different, better than mine but you're just a lost cause. You're just lost in your own little world that revolves only around you and forget to face reality or the fact that time isn't waiting or you. Your fantasies aren't gonna get you anywhere in life and I just hope you realize that before it's too late. You-"

I space out and think back to every occasion when our conversations ended in banter. Well, I cannot really blame her! For a person running the family she's pretty good, heck, she is amazing but all this stress of handling stuff alone gets to her head sometimes.

I feel guilty as it dawns on me that she's right. Her life is not really something I wish for myself. She is an amazing, independent, strong woman. She works at this company, where she deals with technical finances and health equipment shipping, which is more stress than she should take. She takes every parenting responsibility of the house-our education, rentals, groceries, basically everything!

And what about my dad you ask? Well, I don't know. Honestly, no one does, not even dad himself! He claims to be doing some sort of business and also working part-time, which is hard to believe when he's mostly lying around on the couch. He had a solid job for years, which he abandoned on a whim and things never worked out for him after that.

The thing about dad is, he's like a bachelor in his head, running away from responsibilities and never actually concerned of our future, or even his. His drinking stints also add to his reckless and unabashed nature. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like my dad or something, I love him! I really do but we never really get along, a result of me growing up faster than him.

It's hard on her, I get it. Snapping out of my thoughts,

"Fine mom. Let's talk about it later, please." I look up at the clock and my eyes widen as I take in the numbers 7:45. "I'm getting late for college!"

That's when realization dawns on her, "Oh yeah... Hurry up! Don't be late again."

I roll my eyes. This is typical mom behavior. "Bye mom. I love you!"

With a bone-crushing hug and a kiss on her cheeks, I run as fast as I can to the bus stop. I'm not really that rich as you know and since mom thinks I'm a born reckless, well you know the rest. That's why currently, I'm running to catch the last bus that goes to my college and to my luck, I lose it by a mere few seconds. Lucky me, note the sarcasm. Actually, I was never really a lucky one to say, I wouldn't even be its last choice!

I groan as realization hits me! The next bus is at 10am. Oh freak! I am so busted! My first class today is an important one. I cannot call up mom. She's just going to yell at me for not waking up on time and thanks to our morning banter, I forget to take cash from her and calling up the taxi service, shoves my last hopes down the drain. Great! If only my morning was peaceful, I wouldn't be sitting cold and frustrated at the bus stop, waiting for almost an hour to catch the next bus...

Can this day get any worse?

************

This one's a short chapter. Kind of an intro. Hope you guys like it. If so vote n comment and lemme know. Until next time, Smile! Coz I hate frowning! :)