Chapter 33

I'M SO SORRY FOR TAKING TWO WEEKS TO UPDATE! I KNOW THIS STORY IS NEAR TO BEING FINISHED BUT I'M REALLY SO SO SO BUSY THAT I HAVEN'T HAD TIME TO UPDATE. *sigh* I'm really sorry.

Chapter 33

The battle started and Akira caught her mother and her father facing off in the corner of her eyes. She clung tightly to Adam’s fur at the sight, but looked away immediately.

      Feeling like the area got even noisier than it was before, Akira decided to help Adam with the current fight at hand and warned him whenever someone would try to sneak up on them. Adam told her it was unnecessary for her to worry, but she insisted on doing it anyway.

      ‘Alpha!’ Someone yelled in her mind. ‘Are you injured? Hurt anywhere?’

      ‘I’m fine.’ Adam replied. ‘But my mate is hurt. She needs to be treated.’

      ‘Do you prefer we take her away?’ The other wolf asked.

      “What?!” Akira yelled. “No way! I’m staying here!”

      ‘But, Luna,’ The wolf protested. ‘I don’t mean any offence, but you cause the alpha worry when you are in the battlefield in such condition. It’s best if you are taken to a safer place where Alpha Adam would be confident you are free from the confines of danger.’

      “Don’t expect me to just leave!” She yelled.

      ‘Go with him, Akira.’ Adam said. ‘He’s perfectly right.”

      “Adam?!” She exclaimed in disbelief. “You are not being rational!”

      ‘I am.’ He firmly answered. ‘I almost died just thinking what could possibly happen to you. You’re injured, Akira, and I admit I can’t focus on the fight properly with you in that condition. I’ll be more than happy if you get proper treatment.’

      “But I thought we were in this together! Besides, this is my father we’re talking about! You’re going up against him!”

      ‘I know that, Akira.’ He somehow sounded desperate. ‘I know. But give me some peace of mind . . . free me from worry. Your father’s a completely deranged man, and I mean no offence to you, but I have a feeling he’ll stop at nothing to kill me to get both of you and your mother.’

      “You . . .”

      ‘You’ll be safer if you go back to the pack house. Go with him. He’ll protect you with his life. Isn’t that right?’

      ‘Right, Alpha.’

      Akira glared at Adam spitefully, not moving.

      ‘Please, Akira. Listen to me just this one time. I beg of you. I’ll listen to your lecture later, just please go.’

      He sounded pained that moment that Akira couldn’t resist. “Fine! But you owe me one, Adam!”

      He gave her a wolf-y grin. ‘Go, Dan.’ He told the wolf. ‘Please take Akira and Ann with you.’

      ‘Will do, sir!’

      Akira hesitantly dismounted from Adam’s back with Ann and rode the other wolf with sterling grey fur. He was smaller compared to Adam, and Akira felt the sudden loss of his warmth uncomfortable. She casted a worried glance Adam’s way, her eyes meeting his for a moment before his wolf head bobbed up and down as a sign of encouragement. He then turned back to battle and bit down at the enemy.