Chapter 27

Sorry for the long update! I can only upload a new chapter once a week, since I'm really busy. We also have our quarterly exams this week, so it's gonna be hectic! Wish me luck!

Chapter 27

Adam felt his heart leap when Akira crushed him into an embrace. Although she did elbow him before doing so, he was still somehow glad for her show of affection.

      He wanted to trust her since she was his mate after all. Life without her would be meaningless. What he thought when she pointed a gun at him was that . . . maybe he could give her the choice for once. If she truly was unhappy in his arms, he would give her the right to kill him to set her free. After all, he was holding her against her will for the whole time. He thought that it would be pointless to keep her by his side when he truly wasn’t happy . . . so he allowed her to choose.

      And he didn’t regret it.

      “Akira . . .” Adam whispered, a small smile curling on his lips.

      “Akira . . .” Her father muttered disbelievingly.

      Surely seeing his own daughter run into the arms of the enemy shattered his pride—especially after he just asked her to kill him!

      “Get away from that guy!” He yelled.

      “No!” She yelled back, facing her father while using her own body to shield him, “I will not move! You will not lay a single finger on him or it’ll be me who you’ll face!”

      “Why are you doing this, Akira? I didn’t raise a child who would turn against me like this one day! Why do you not listen?!”

      “No! That’s not it, dad! Why don’t you listen? I may have been taken against my will but these guys aren’t like that at all! You guys are wrong about them!” She exclaimed, “I don’t know exactly what’s going on but I’m not that stupid to realize!”

      “I guess it’s clear to me then. You are choosing his side rather than your own flesh and blood. Are you seriously doing this?”

      No one spoke for a few moments and Akira stared intently at her father. A few heartbeats later, the girl finally spoke after taking a long, deep breath.

      “I sure as hell am, dad.” She answered. “I didn’t like the way your guys treated Ann. That wasn’t the right way to handle a living being.”

      “If that’s the way it goes . . . then I’ll kill that guy for myself!” He took another gun from his back and pointed it to the couple.

      Adam immediately shoved Akira behind him protectively before they heard the gun clicking. Michael was already halfway from pulling the trigger until a knife flew towards him and knocked the gun right out of his hand, disarming him.

      Everyone, especially Michael, was shocked by the sudden turn of events. None of them knew where the knife came from, but Adam had a guess who.

      “Typical of you to resolve into something like that.” A voice muttered from behind Adam, and he instantly moved out of the way, revealing the beautiful form of the woman who bore a striking resemblance to Akira.

      “W-who . . .” Akira stammered, looking intently at the woman before her.

      “Ah,” the woman breathed, “I never thought that such a cute child would bloom so beautifully like a rose. You’ve grown so much, Akira. The fact that I wasn’t able to watch you grow up like a parent should pains me.”