Chapter 12

30 votes and 7 comments! That’s all! It’s not required, though. I’m gonna upload even if it didn’t reach that far! Just some favor. ;)

Unofficially Yours

Chapter 12

Akira was advised by the children to wear clothes that will be appropriate to wear when picking berries. The only outfit that she could think of was the clothes she wore the night she went hunting with her father on the forest. She was wearing a pair of shorts, a camouflage jacket and a normal green shirt at that time. And her father didn’t make any sounds of disagreement when she came trotting down the stairs to meet him. She also found her shoes under the bed, just like Ann said she would find them. They were just simple hiking boots she bought for herself.

      Ann came into the room later and gave her a bundle of clothes. It was folded tight and nicely she was afraid to mess it up. She unfolded it and saw that her outfit was newly washed and neat. The color was brighter even.

      “Thank you, Ann.” Akira told her. “It’s very nice of you.”

      “It’s the least I can do. I also included a pair of socks in there, in case you might need them.” she squeaked and began sauntering out of the room.

      “Ann,” Akira softly said. Her head turned back to meet her eyes and she raised her brows, making a questioning sound from the back of her throat. “Do you know when I can leave?”

      “Akira,” Ann spoke, a sigh escaping her throat. She redirected her down on the floor. “I don’t know. That depends between you and Alpha Adam. As far as I know, you cannot leave until the bond is completed.”

      “Completed? What do you mean?”

      Ann’s face paled. “I shouldn’t say anything now. I’ll leave you to dress. Call me when you need anything.” her hand outreached and clamped on the door knob. She tugged on it while leaving the room, shutting it close once she’s out.

      Great! She muttered sarcastically on her mind while throwing her hands in the air in frustration. She clutched the newly washed shirt in her fist and raked her free hand through her hair. She grabbed the clothes she previously placed on the bed and entered the bathroom, slipping out of Jessica’s clothes and changing into hers.

      Completed? Heck, she didn’t know what Ann meant. So Adam marking her isn’t enough? What does she need to do so that she can leave? Her fingertips traveled up from her bare arm until it grazed on the soft spot of her mark. Warm tingles erupted from her gentle caress, catching her by surprise. Her eyes widened at the sensation. She never thought of herself this sensitive.

      She quickly slipped her shirt on and jacket, startled. It was going to be hard adjusting to this. In fact, she was getting freaked out. She was starting to feel cranky because everyone seemed to be avoiding about answering her questions. Just because Adam was the oh-so powerful alpha-leader of them all, everyone seemed to be afraid of blurting anything out of line.

       No. It isn’t right. She has the right to know what’s going on. It’s only been two days but she was starting to get attached to everyone—especially the children. And she stupidly blurted about them being her weakness.

      Akira knows her past actions had gotten her to so many troubles. Her father used to tell her how stubborn she was and usually asked himself what he’s going to do with her. Her recklessness and disobedience had put her to different dilemmas like quicksand, and it wasn’t easy to get out of.

      She does everything her own way. And now she’s starting to regret the fact that she didn’t listen to her father. She used to exclaim about her life being boring. She was supposed to be a rich man’s daughter—going out with friends, shopping for shoes, soaking on the pool behind their house. But she had to be that girl who thinks life’s too short to be a good girl. And now, she’s getting more of what she wanted. She wanted excitement not something that involved supernatural beings that will most likely drive her out of her sanity.