Chapter 35

Here's the newest chapter! I'm sorry for the wait! Thank you for continuing to read! Don't forget to vote and comment! Enjoy!

Chapter 35

Akira was forced to lie down on the cold floor of the cave, Ann’s lap serving as her pillow. Ann tore another piece of her clothing that her stomach was already exposed and used to the cloth to wipe away the sweat the coated Akira’s face.

      “Hold on, Akira.” She told her. “I’m sure Alpha will get to us soon.”

      She heard a chorus of howls echoing from a distance, so she closed her eyes. She wanted to know which of those howls belonged to Adam.

      “He . . . can’t leave the battlefield.” She murmured.

      ‘I think he very well could now.’ Dan answered as his huge animal form hovered over the two of them protectively.

      They were hiding in the shadowy sanctuary of the cave which helped them get out of the sight of any potential dangers. Akira still felt the agonizing pain tormenting her, but couldn’t help but get curious about what Dan said.

      “Why is that?” She asked, eyeing him questioningly while breathing hard.

      ‘I mean, his strongest pack is here.’ Dan replied. ‘We all understand. Besides . . . those howls from a while ago . . .’ He trailed off. ‘Anyhow, listen here Luna, I’m sure Alpha Adam will be devastated if he loses you.’

      “This is just some pain. He doesn’t have to worry about anything.”

      ‘That’s not the point, Luna.’ Kyler told her. ‘You cannot be separated from Alpha Adam. The call of the mark is too hard for him to resist as well. Even though he is not affected by any pain of sort, the instinct to come near you will always prevail over his willpower. This is a mechanism of the mating process, especially when it’s still incomplete. The urge to protect you or be always near you will always be irresistible.’

      “Then he shouldn’t have sent me away—that fool.”

      ‘We can’t help it. We went away further than originally planned because of that damned Bradley guy. If we stayed within that vicinity, it would be enough and Alpha Adam would have still dominant control over his instincts. But no.’

      “If he leaves, will he even have a pack to come back to?” She asked worriedly. “He should be there for them. He’s their leader after all.”

      ‘You don’t have to worry, Luna.’ Kyler said.

      ‘Akira? Can you hear me, love? I’m coming alright?’ Adam’s voice suddenly echoed in her mind.

      “No way! You stay right there, you bastard!” She screamed. “Fight with the pack! I can handle myself.”

      ‘It’s alright, Luna. Please calm down.’

      There was no answer on Adam’s part. Akira remained panting in silence, her breaths echoing throughout the cave. Slowly, the pain from her shoulder began subsiding. She then immediately knew what was happening.

      “You stubborn mutt!” She exclaimed loudly. “What the heck did I tell you?”

      Still no answer from Adam.

      “When you get here, I’m gonna bust your head open! You better stay where you are!”

      She stood up, finding herself able to handle the excruciating agony from before which got lesser and lesser as the seconds ticked by. She clutched the wound on her shoulder instead and got to her feet, walking towards the entrance of the cave while being supported by a huge hairy body.