Chapter 28

I'm sorry for not uploading soon enough! As you guys know, HORRIBLE EXAMS! And although this chapter is oddly short, I felt like it was really long. Maybe it's because I put a lot of thought into this one. Don't worry!

But give me about . . . 50 votes! I'll make sure to upload the next chapter as soon as possible--since this one is oddly short. But vote if you will! It's up to you! I'm not going to threaten you or do anything of that sort! Well, read on! AND DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT EVERYONE! AS IN . . . EVERYONE!

Chapter 28

Akira felt a lump forming in her throat. Going against her father was the last thing on her list but . . . she couldn’t just let him do what he wants, could she? Not unless they’re good things. Doing this broke her heart.

      Although he wasn’t often home, Akira did love her father very much. It was clear to her that her father loved her mother so much as well. She didn’t exactly know what happened between them, but seeing the two of them now meant that history wasn’t something either one of them would be too fond to tell.

      She felt like the family she just found to be complete was broken once more. Yet again, the worse realization dawned at her. They were never really a family, were they?

      Was this her father’s delusions all along?

      Michael didn’t ever tell her of things regarding his happy times with Kathrynne. All he went on about was how much he loved her, and how he would love to be with her again. He cried with her every night every time he would tell her about how beautiful she was, and how his daughter’s silky brown hair resembled hers very much.

      Oh, how he would love to see her again . . .

      Those thoughts . . . those feelings . . . were they all one-sided all this time?

      Akira saw his press something around his wrist ever so lightly that it was barely noticeable. She could feel the pain eating away at her heart, and before she could even stop herself, she found herself asking once more.

      “Dad,” she murmured. “Did you really do that towards mom? I can’t help but feel unsettled not knowing this. But . . . how did you get me exactly if mom didn’t love you back?”

      “He forced himself on me. Despite how bitter it sounds, I’ll say this in three words. He raped me. Chained me in silver against the wall and took advantage of my weakness.” Kathrynne’s voice held so much venom that Akira could feel the shivers down her spine.

      So . . . Akira was an unwanted child? Having realized this, she swallowed. The pain was overwhelming that tears started forcing its way out of her eyes. She couldn’t control the sob that tore at her throat.

      Adam’s hands found their way on her shoulders and settled comfortably on the crook of her neck. One of his big hands made their way down her back and started following a trail back and forth soothingly.

      Akira found a big sense of comfort from his actions.

      “Don’t think I hate you, my child.” Kathrynne said. “That’s the last thing I would feel towards you. Even though I was repulsed knowing there was a child growing inside me that was not my mate’s, the moment you were born, all the pain was taken away from me. You were a beautiful child, Akira. When I first saw you, I could not help but only feel love. As weird as it sounds, you were the only gift that I was happy to receive from this bastard.”

      Michael’s face was masked. His face was blank as if he held no emotion at all.

      Akira couldn’t believe what she was seeing. Was this really her father?