Chapter 31

Thank you for waiting! I hope you enjoy the story below! Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

Chapter 31

Everything stayed the same for a few moments. Akira started to become dizzy from shooting opponents from left to right.

      The routine became like shoot, Adam’s pounces on enemies, shoot, Adam runs, shoot, Adam fights, shoot and so on and so forth.

      It wasn’t long before she ran out of bullets, and she knew that it was a bad thing. If she was unable to fire, she wouldn’t be able to cover Adam’s back. The group was advancing rather slowly and they were losing men every minute. The enemy seemed to be increasing every minute that the future was starting to look bleak.

      “I’m out of ammo! Dammit!” She clutched the gun in a hand and fought the urge to throw it away now that it became useless.

      ‘It’s alright Akira. You don’t have to worry.’ Adam whispered soothingly in her mind. ‘I’ll be able to handle this just fine.’

      “But you . . . ! Argh! Isn’t there anything I can use?!”

      “Er . . .” Ann started. “I got . . . these?”

      Looking down at the girl curiously, she saw her holding up her darts. Akira almost crushed the girl into a hug—which she actually did.

      “How the heck did you get these? I think you already gave me the rest back then.”

      “Actually . . .” Ann stammered. “I kinda . . . found more.”

      “Yeah . . . I did think they were fewer.”

      Ann smiled at Akira sheepishly. The girl gave her another thankful nod before clipping some darts between her fingers and throwing it to her enemies. She managed to strike one on the shoulder, the other on the cheek. They all fell down just a moment later.

      ‘Where did you learn to throw like that?’

      “I’ve got a lot of practice targeting the people I don’t like—teachers mostly.”

      ‘I really have a troublesome woman as my mate.’

      A laugh bubbled from Akira’s lips. “You only noticed that now?”

      ‘Actually? No. I knew it a long time ago. You make a perfect luna.’

      “Whatever, Alpha Jerk.”

      ‘Will you stop calling me that, already? Can’t you use something more intimate? Like honey? Or sweetie-pie?’

      Akira reddened. “Shut up and focus, you dimwit. You’re gonna get us killed. Start with your jokes later.”

      ‘Alright. Whatever.’

      Adam focused on the ongoing battle while Akira continued to watch his back. Everything went smoothly for the next few minutes until Kathrynne came running beside Adam, snapping her jaws around some guy from one corner and throwing him away before Akira even got the chance to shoot him a dart.

      ‘Akira. Can you hear me?’ Her mother’s voice echoed inside her head.

      “Y-yeah . . . I can.”

      ‘We lost a few men . . . scratch that. We lost A LOT of men already. The tide of war’s on the side of those bastards. I don’t think we can survive at this rate.’