Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Akira felt depressed when she was woken from her cozy slumber. She was playing her food around, not really having any appetite to eat. She was well aware of the fact that she didn’t look that much presentable. Her hair is probably messy and disgruntled, but she didn’t even bother to fix or even check it out. She was sulking over the fact that he was serious about enrolling her to a school. She actually planned on taking the rest of the days off, since she was expelled. But everything had to become complicated and thrown off course . . . just because this stupid guy came.

       “Aren’t you going to eat your food? What’s with the long face anyway?"

      “It’s because of you.” she grumbled. Groaning, she unconsciously began whining. “Why the heck do I have to go to that school anyway? I don’t need any sort of education while I’m here. What kind of kidnapper would enroll his captive to a freaking school?”

      “For the last time, I didn’t kidnap you! You aren’t my captive. You’re my mate.” Adam grunted while shoving an egg into his mouth.

      “Then what do you call about this situation anyway?! I didn’t come with you with my own accord! And you are keeping me here shackled in chains!” she argued.

      He swallowed his food. “It’s called claiming.” he retaliated.

      “Well, just to let you know, I’m not claimable! Only I can claim myself!” she pushed back her chair, causing a deafening scratch to ring across the room. Her hand slapped the table surface, clattering the plates and glasses placed on top of it. They also caught the attention of the pack-members eating peacefully in their seats.

      “How can you claim yourself when I already claimed you?!” Adam followed her actions and pounded his fist against the surface with a much stronger force. They glared at each other straight to the eyes with unwavering determination. Some people had even flinched at the contact.

      “It’s called kidnapping!”

      “I told you I didn’t kidnap you! I was just claiming what’s mine!"

      “No! I belong to myself! I was born with the right of freedom and I have the privilege to do whatever I please! So stop going on about that stupid babble because it’s totally not true! Why do you even rant about that stupid thing anyway?”

      Everything in the room fell silent Akira swore she can hear a pin drop. Everybody was awkwardly staring at both of them, frozen on their positions. Adam’s gaze eventually softened but the anger creasing his face didn’t completely fade away. “It’s because you’re my precious heart.” he told her softly.

      Akira’s eyes twitched but she her face eventually heated up and blush tainted both of her cheeks. With the silence inside the room, she can practically hear her heart rate starting to speed up. And even worse, she felt utterly embarrassed!

      Stupid, Adam. She mentally told herself. Saying those stupid, cheesy lines. How can this be even happening? Why is he even having this kind of effect on me? “Stop saying those things!” she childishly stomped her foot. “This is harassing!” she yelled, plopping back down to her seat. He’s probably doing something to me. She thought. Maybe he’s putting thoughts into my mind or something.

      Adam smirked, suddenly finding her weakness. “Admit that you like it.”

      “No! I don’t like it at all! Has it ever occurred to you that we are in front of many people?!”

      Everybody looked away at an instant and started busying themselves with their own business. However, their attentions were caught once again when Adam answered her question with the same, striking confidence. His flirtatious gaze diverted to Akira’s face, causing her blush to worsen. He gracefully sat back down at his sit while dragging his leg up and settling his ankle above his knee.