Chapter 14

I want to thank you guys for letting me live my real-world life a little. I guess I'm back to writing. Summer vacation is supposed to end in a matter of weeks, and I'll try my best to upload as often as I can! I hope you like the chapter! =) Oh, and sorry for not uploading!

Chapter 14

The scene whereby Adam fell on top of her played constantly in Akira’s mind. She couldn’t seem to get it out of her head no matter how much she tried to forget. Her face burned. She didn’t notice, much to her ignorance, she found herself awestruck by the way he looked—as always. No matter her constant denials. Shaking her head, she focused on their way and crossed her arms over her chest.

      “Are we there yet?” she inquired.

      Adam impatiently turned his neck and shot her a look before readdressing his gaze back towards the direction he was previously heading in. “No, we’re not.” he told her.

      “I don’t get it. Why don’t you just let me go?” she insisted. “I don’t belong here anyway, what’s the use of me going back?” she paused on her path and tapped her foot edgily. She felt the urge to go and leave, but a part of her is telling her that she needed to stay. Besides, even if she tries to escape again, she’s got a sense of foreboding that that thing that previously happened to her will occur again.

      “Are you going to start again? You’re really not gonna give up, are you?” Adam faced her, crossing his muscular arms. “Why don’t you just get the fact that you are going to stay here with me for the rest of your life.” he emphasized the last part, causing Akira’s mouth to drop open.

      “That will only happen in your fantasies, sucker!” Akira bit back, talk about that memory she had with him just a while ago. It faded all of a sudden, but not totally. It will certainly flash back later.

      A look of incredulity passed Adam’s face. “Did you just call me a sucker?”

      Oh, my. He looks pissed. Akira thought. “Well, ‘cause that’s what you really are!” she defended.

      “For the moon goddess’s sake! I am not a sucker. It’s in my nature’s way to claim what is mine.

      “Will you stop calling me yours?” Akira spat, advancing towards him like a predator. The look on her purple eyes was deadly. Adam mirrored her looks, but his looked even more intimidating. A rush of fear coursed through her body. Of course, she was new to this and she doesn’t know how to handle an angry werewolf. “I am not something that will be found somewhere in the middle of the forest and claimed as property! I own myself! How many times do I have to tell you that?” she screamed.

      “As long as you resist, I will not stop.”

      “Whatever, loser. You’re still sucker!”

      “I am not a sucker or a loser.”

      “Then what are you? A womanizer?”

      Adam gave out a growl, getting Akira a bit frightened. Refusing to give in to her fears, she clenched her fists as Adam spoke his next line. She won’t be the type of girl who would flinch with a single . . . animalistic sound coming from the back of a man’s throat. She’s faced something worse than this—probably.

       “I am not a womanizer. Yes, many girls have been after me. But I didn’t pay attention to them because I’m too busy with my own responsibilities!” and then he gave her a knowing smile. “Jealous, are we?”