Chapter 34

Thank you for waiting! I tried to write and ended up with 1300+ words. :DD Please forgive me if this one is short! I'll try to right as soon as possible! I'm just really busy! Piles and piles of schoolwork! So please! Understand! 

Chapter 34

Akira stared at Bradley incredulously as the wolves at her sides began growling at him cautiously. Ann’s grip around her waist tightened and she hid behind the girl’s back. He held a shotgun over his shoulder with the same sickly sweet smile he usually wore. Too bad. He’s even handsome.

      ‘Akira!’ Adam’s pouty voice echoed inside her head. ‘I’m your mate! Damn it!’

      ‘What the—‘ She stopped short as she mentally communicated with him. ‘What are you doing listening to my thoughts? You were listening the whole time?’

      ‘I did tell you I’ll protect you.’ He answered. ‘I won’t lose track of you even for a second.’

      ‘Shut up.’ Akira harshly whispered inside her mind.

      ‘Anyway, that bastard came for you? Just wait a damn minute and I’ll come for you.’

      ‘No! Focus on your battle. Trust me and your pack-members. We’ll handle ourselves just fine.’

      There was a moment of silence between the two of them as Akira exchanged burning glares with Bradley, who looked at her with an equally intense stare.

      ‘I’ll come for you if things get worse. That guy is no ordinary hunter. He’s one of the Elites. I won’t just leave you there alone.’

      ‘The Elites?’

      ‘A band of hunters composed of nothing but the best.’ Adam replied. ‘Be careful, Akira. You’re hurt, too.’

      ‘I can handle bastards like him.’ She said. ‘Leave it to me.’

      ‘I won’t be sure about that, Akira.’

      ‘What? You don’t trust me?’

      ‘It’s not that. I’m your mate and I can’t help but worry.’

      ‘Is that the only reason you can give me?’

      ‘I love you.’

      They both went silent.

      ‘Then trust me on this.’

      She didn’t listen to him any further and instead focused on the current situation at hand.

      ‘Dan,’ Adam said, channeling his voice to Dan’s thoughts alone. ‘It’s best if you don’t attack. Get out of there now. And don’t tell this to Akira. She’ll kill me.’

      ‘Will do, Alpha!’

      “What are you doing here, Bradley? Didn’t I already say I come with my mother? I’m no longer on my father’s side.” She said. “And there’s no way in hell I’m coming back.”

      “But we can’t exactly have that, princess.” He said. “It’s not only your father who wants you back, you see.”

      “Not only—what do you mean?”

      “Sir Michael is not the leader of the organization—he may have been the one before, but the current one holding the position is your Aunt, Ms. Martins.”