Welcome Home Gaby!

Nick pulled at his tie as he walked into his office, he had just spent three hours in a meeting, and still, nothing was accomplished. Nick shut his door and flopped down on the sofa and made a mental note to shop for a softer sofa as he tossed his arm over his eyes. As he drifted off to sleep, he noticed a familiar floral scent as he felt a soft hand run through his hair. Nick could have sworn it was Gaby, but he knew she wasn't due back for a few more days. Nick rested his arm at his side and opened his eyes to Gaby's smiling face.

"Gabs?"

"In the flesh, a whole lot of flesh," She said with a giggle as she patted her stomach. Nick got up and hugged and kissed Gaby with such passion Gaby looked at Nick and said "Whoa." when he let her go.

"You said you weren't going to be back until Saturday."

"Yeah, I told a little fib." She said motioning with her thumb and index finger. Nick shook his head as he hugged her again.

"How did you get back here anyway?"

"I came while Leslie was out to lunch," Gaby said with a wicked grin. Nick knew that Leslie hated it when Gaby visited because half of the office would gather in Nick's office and take time out to talk with Gaby. Nick didn't know what it was, but everyone at the office loved Gaby, well everyone except for Madeline.

Nick bent down and kissed Gaby's stomach.

"Your mommy is a sneaky woman, don't learn from her."

"Don't listen to daddy he's a big stick in the mud," Gaby said as she swatted Nick away from her stomach.

"I'm kidnapping you, get your coat lets go."

"I can't just take off Gaby I have a lot of work to do." Gaby turned on her sad puppy eyes and began to pout.

"Ugh, Gaby don't do this to me." Nick pleaded as Gaby laced their fingers together as she kissed his cheek.

"Lunch, I can go for a long lunch." He said trying not to give in too much.

"And possibly not come back." She asked hopefully.

"We'll see."

"Yay, let's go I want a steak," Gaby said pulling him towards the door.

When they arrived at the restaurant a few blocks away from Nick's job, they were seated immediately, and Gaby filled Nick on things that happened during the book tour.

"So he was actually upset that you killed the villain off?" Nick asked as he pressed the ignore button on his phone as it vibrated against the table. The waiter brought out their appetizers and drinks before Gaby continued.

"Yes, I think if he could he would sue me. I know it was a big decision to kill the sniper off, but Dru has been chasing after him ever since the series began it was time to put him to rest." Gaby said as she stuffed a piece of a spring roll in her mouth.

"I agree, I remember the countless hours I spent with you as you toiled over the decision. There was so much ice cream, sooooo....much....ice cream." Nick said shaking his head trying to forget the horrible brain freeze he had gotten that night.

"Ice cream helps me think," Gaby said defensively. "Anyway I told the guy that it wasn't an easy decision, but he didn't want to hear it. It was pretty funny though. I like it when people get fired up over what I write, that means I'm doing something right."

"I agree," Nick said as he looked at his vibrating phone.

"Damn it, Ian," Nick said as he snatched the phone up and answered it. "What Ian?" Gaby watched as Nick furrowed his eyebrows and she knew something was up.