Jail Time

Nick slowly closed the door to the bedroom door trying not to wake Gaby up, and walked down to the guestroom where Isabelle was staying. He knocked on the door lightly, and Isabelle told him to come in.

"Hey, is she finally asleep?" she said dropping the book she was reading into her lap.

"Yeah, she's agitated, she was hoping her pressure would have been down by now." Gaby and Nick had returned home from the doctor's office with news that her pressure was still high and her cervix was beginning to soften. The doctor feared that Gaby was in preterm labor and put Gaby on restricted bed rest. Gaby was only allowed to be up for short periods of time which was to wash or go to the bathroom.

"I know," Isabelle said taking her reading glasses off.

"I want to do something for her, but I need your help."

"Whatever you need Nick."

Nick and Isabelle talked for a while as Nick revealed his plan to her. After his meeting with Isabelle Nick slid back into bed and wrapped his arms around a snoring Gaby.

"You're such a sleeping beauty," Nick said with a chuckle as he buried his face into her neck and inhaled her Victoria's Secret Amber Romance body mist as he drifted off to sleep.

The next morning Gaby woke up to Nick asleep on her chest as the alarm clock rang, Gaby ran her fingers through his hair and kissed his forehead before pinching his nose. Nick planted a kiss on the center of her chest before rolling onto his back.

"Nick it's time for you to get up."

"I'm staying home." He grumbled as he turned on his side.

"Get up Nicholas; you know you have that meeting with those people from Chicago." Nick got up with a groan.

"Let's go, big boy," Gaby said pushing Nick out of the bed as he got up and dragged himself to the bathroom. When Nick came out, Gaby was rubbing lotion on her itching stomach, and she quickly pulled her shirt down.

"I wasn't scratching honest," Gaby said holding her hands up, and Nick shook his head as he sat on the edge of the bed and lifted her shirt up before kissing her stomach.

"Try to stop scratching or else I'll let Auntie Ice get the olive oil again." As the twins began to grow Gaby's skin was beginning to itch as it stretch to accommodate her expanding stomach.

"Don't threaten me." Gaby huffed.  "I don't want to look like a butterball."

"Then don't scratch." Nick said as he kissed her hands as he got up to get dressed.

"Will you bring me home some munchkins from Dunkin Donuts?"Gaby asked as Nick shrugged on his suit jacket.

"Yes I will be a good girl," Nick said as he gave her quick peck on the lips before walking out of the room. Gaby let out an aggravated sigh as she slid out of bed and waddled into the bathroom as the twins did their morning stretching. Not up to a bath Gaby took a quick shower and dressed in her oversized 'Buns in the Oven' t-shirt and leggings before attempting to sneak out of her room, halfway down the stairs Isabelle glared up at her from the bottom of the stairs.

"And where do you think you're going young lady?" she asked as she folded her arms across her chest.

"Back to bed," Gaby said as her shoulders slumped forward and she frowned.

"That's what I thought," Isabelle said shaking her head.

"Go lay back down I will bring your breakfast," Isabelle said as Gaby trudged back up the stairs, she was getting tired of sitting around all day and being confined to her room. She swore that everyone was taking the whole bed rest thing to the max because she didn't remember Dr. A saying anything about making her a prisoner in her own home. The only solace she would get was when Lauryn would visit her, and when Nick finally decided to go to bed after spending hours in his home office doing whatever he wanted. It made Gaby upset that Nick could come and go as he pleased while she was stuck in bed, she felt like she was being punished for something she had no control over. Gaby thought about making Nick as miserable as she was but then she wouldn't get the little treats he bought for her every day when he came home.