It Starts with the Letter T

Gaby woke up Thanksgiving morning to the smell of bacon frying and coffee brewing.

"Who's frying real bacon?" Gaby wondered aloud as she climbed out of bed. After taking a quick shower and dressing Gaby rushed to the kitchen to find her mother making breakfast.

"Morning mom," Gaby said as she hugged her mother and stole a piece of bacon from the plate.

"Hi sweetie, how did you sleep?" Isabelle asked as she kissed Gaby's cheek.

"Okay. I'm going to check on Nick but save me some more of that bacon. I don't remember the last time I had real bacon," Gaby said as she chewed on the last piece she had as she walked to Nick's study to find him curled up on the futon with the comforter over his head. Gaby sat on the edge of the bed and plucked Nick in the nose causing him to rub his nose.

"Why are you bothering me?" Nick said as he looked at her with one open eye.

"Because you look so adorable when you sleep,"

"So you're supposed to let me sleep," Nick said as he rested his head on her lap and Gaby stroked his hair.

"I thought you were going to sneak back up last night?"

"And risk the chance of your father catching me and hanging me out back, no thank you."

"Mom made breakfast with real bacon."

"Don't you eat any Gabrielle," he warned

"Too late," Gaby said as she kissed the top of his head. Nick sat up on the bed and pulled her into him making her lay down with him.

"You are such a bad girl." He said as he popped her hand.

"Don't abuse the pregnant lady, the only perk I have besides gaining a kid is getting to eat whatever I want," Gaby said as she laid on her side.

"That's a myth," Nick said as he rubbed her stomach.

"Not for me it isn't." Gaby snuggled closer to Nick, and he kissed the nape of her neck sending a shiver down her spine.

"We need to talk about this whole relationship thing we have going on here," Gaby said as she played with Nick's fingers.

"Gaby I just got up do we have to do this now?"

"Yes now, there is no time like the present isn't that what you are always telling me?"

"True," Nick said with a sigh "What's wrong Gaby?"

"Nothing is wrong; I just think we need to talk about it, we haven't really talked about it we've just been," Gaby said as she turned to face him.

"I told you I would marry you in a heartbeat, you know I love you."

"I love you too Nick, but I'm not talking about marriage. We said that after I moved in, we would see where this thing would go. I sleep in your room ninety-nine percent of the time, many nights we have sex, but I don't feel like we are in a relationship, I still feel like we're just two best buds having an extended X-rated sleepover."

"This is one hell of a sleepover then," Nick said, and Gaby rolled her eyes.

"Don't you feel like there should be more. I know what my relationship felt like when I was with Derek."

"Oh so now your comparing me to Derek?" Nick snapped.

"No I'm not comparing you to Derek I'm just saying that when I was with him I felt like I was in a relationship. You know we had rules, boundaries, I guess that's kind of hard to do being that you're my best friend,"