The Devil Cries at Christmastime

"This was not how I planned to spend my week off Gaby," Nick complained as he flipped through a book filled with wallpaper for the nursery.

 "How did you plan on spending this week, Nick?"

 "Preferably in bed with you and a whole lot less clothing, not looking at wallpaper. If I see one more duck." Gaby laughed at Nick's frustration.

 "Sorry buddy, I don't know what makes you think you get to see me naked when I barely see myself naked nowadays."

 "I keep telling you you're beautiful."

 "Spread your lies elsewhere... How about this one?" Gaby asked holding up the wallpaper with pink bunny rabbits.

 "It's so girly, can't we tone it down a notch, what about her brother?"

 "Nick I keep telling you their girls."

 "I refuse to believe it," Nick said, and Gaby groaned in aggravation.

 "Nick... you know what how about we hold off on the wallpaper shopping until we find out the sex of the babies?"

 "That's a great idea," Nick said a little too jolly for Gaby's liking.

 "Nick this is supposed to be a fun, and exciting time for the both of us, you're taking the fun out of it."

 "Gabs you know I hate shopping," Nick said as he wrapped his arm around her waist as they walked out of the store.

 "I know, I guess next time I'll bring Lauryn or my mother." Gaby was silent as they walked down the street to a department store so they could finish their Christmas shopping. Nick knew that he had made Gaby upset, but he just couldn't get into the shopping spirit.

 "Who do we have left to shop for?" Nick asked.

 "Your father and Randy."

 "Oh, I took care of that already," Nick said with a smile, happy that he could finally go home and relax.

 "What did you get them?"

 "Don't worry about it; it's guy stuff," Nick said pulling Gaby towards the exit.

 "Wait I need a dress for the New Year's party."

 "What's wrong with the dress you wore for your publishing house's Christmas party?"

 "You can't wear the same dress to two different parties; I need a new dress," Gaby said shaking her head at Nick's cluelessness.

 "It's just my boss and my co-workers what do they care what dress you wear." Gaby narrowed her eyes until they were little slits and Nick put his hands up in surrender.

 "Okay sorry, go get your dress." Nick followed behind Gaby as she stalked off to the maternity section to what appeared to Nick to be with an attitude. Nick knew she wasn't handling the changes to her body very well. After Gaby had lost all of her "baby fat" in college, she was very self-conscious of her body and her weight even though she didn't eat like it.

 "Do I look like this?" Gaby asked as she pointed to the maternity mannequin.

 "Umm no?"

 "Exactly so why the hell do they have a mannequin that looks like a stick with a ball in the middle, no pregnant woman looks like this," Gaby said as she shot death rays at the mannequin.

 "Baby let's save the dress shopping for another day, your too riled up to do this right now."

 "No, I'm not you just want to go home." She said as she snatched her hand away from Nick.