Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word

Nick declared that he was watching  TV, but his mind wasn't registering anything that was going on. He glanced at the clock, and it read 3:30 am. Gaby still hadn't come home, and she had turned her phone off, Nick was sick with worry even in his sleep. Finally a few minutes after six Nick heard the front door open and closed softly. Nick shot out of his chair and rushed over to Gaby who was trying to sneak up the stairs.

 "Where the hell have you been? I've been through half of New York looking for you." He bellowed.

 "Nick do not start."

 "What do you mean don't start? You storm out of the restaurant I have no idea where you are and when I went to Lauryn's you had already left. For all, I know you could have been in an accident."

 "Okay well, I'm fine now so you can drop the overprotective father act."

 "Damn it Gaby for once in your life can you not be so damn selfish. I was worried about you, the least you could have done was told me that you weren't coming home." Nick fumed.

 "I don't have to tell you anything; you're not my father," Gaby said as she stomped up the stairs and slammed the bedroom door. Nick ran his fingers through his hair as he tried to keep his cool but it was no use Gaby had pissed him off. Nick followed behind Gaby and walked into the room to find Gaby packing a bag.

 "Where are you going now?"

 "Anywhere but here." She snapped.

 "Try again," Nick said as he snatched the bag off of the bed and tossed it on the floor. Gaby's gaze hardened as her nose flared, she was boiling mad, but Nick was even madder.

 "You're not going anywhere. You're going to sit your ass down and hear what I have to say." Gaby rolled her eyes and tried to walk past him, but Nick stopped her.

 "I said to sit down." He growled, and Gaby looked at Nick and could tell that she was about to push him over the edge. Gaby rolled her eyes as she sat down on the chaise.

 "I'm sitting, happy now."

 "No, I'm not, I am so tired of you thinking you can just treat me any kind of way and get away with it. I know your upset that I didn't tell you about Madeline, and you have every right to be upset, but that's no excuse for you to have me sitting up all night worrying about you."

 "Nick you-"

 "-I'm not finished." He yelled causing Gaby to jump.

 Okay, Gaby, you went a little too far this time. She thought to herself as she squirmed under Nick's fiery gaze.

 "You need to learn that the world doesn't revolve around Gabrielle. You're carrying my children, not some dick head who could give a crap about where you are. I need to know where you are; I don't know what I would do if something happened to you or the babies."

 "Just because you knocked me up, it doesn't give you the right to order me around; you are not my father."

  "Grow the fuck up Gaby." He snapped before walking out of the room. Gaby quietly fumed as she stared at the drape covered window only to jump when Nick slammed the front door.

 "Ass wipe," Gaby muttered as she pulled her hair out of its ponytail while walking into the bathroom and turned the shower on. After a quick shower, Gaby dressed for bed and laid down with her cozy cuddler body pillow and slowly drifted off to sleep.

 Later on that morning Gaby woke up in a foul mood as she looked at the clock that read 11:30. After an extended stay in the tub, Gaby walked into the closet and tripped over a box.