Curiosity Killed the Cat

"Am I late?" Nick asked as he slid into the empty seat next to Gaby.

"Um let me think," She said putting her finger on her chin and looking up in the air like she was thinking. "Hell yeah your late," She snapped

"Damn, I'm sorry Gaby I didn't mean to be late. I got out of the meeting late and traffic." He said as he grabbed Gaby's hands and kissed them. Nick was too busy groveling to notice the smile on Gaby's face.

"Save the groveling for when you need it Nick," Gaby said as she kissed his cheek.

"What?"

"You're not late; I told you the appointment was for three knowing you would get here an hour later, thus making you on time for our 4:30 appointment."

"Are you serious?" Nick said with his mouth gapped open.

"Yeah," Gaby said with a giggle.

"You Jedi mind tricked me."

"I did no such thing. I just knew you would be late no matter what time the appointment was for so I gave you an hour head start." She said as she entwined their fingers together. "That way you would actually make the appointment and I wouldn't have to kill you." She stated as a matter-of-factly.

"Thanks...I guess." After sitting for a few minutes, the nurse called Gaby to the back, and she took her weight and checked her vitals while Nick sat looking nervous.

"Why do you look so nervous?" Gaby asked as she sat down on the examining table.

"I hate doctors' offices."

"But you're not the one being poked and probed," Gaby said as she laughed.

"I know, but still everything just looks so....sterile." Gaby cracked up with laughter.

"The room is covered in pink ribbon wallpaper what about pink says sterile?" Gaby shook her head as she rubbed the side of Nick's face.

"You'll be okay."

Gaby flipped through a magazine as she waited for her doctor to walk in when she finally did Dr. Ankhoma looked at Gaby and then at Nick and smiled.

"You must be the fiancé Nick; it's so nice to meet you finally." Dr. Ankhoma said as she shook Nick's hand.

"Sorry, it took me so long to get here."

"You came on the right day; we're going to find out you're going to have. Are you ready Gaby my dear?"

"Yupp." Gaby laid back on the table while Dr. Ankhoma prepared herself for the ultrasound. Nick watched as the doctor squirted the ultrasound gel onto her stomach and Gaby cringed at the coolness of the gel.

"You gained another 5 pounds Gaby, I'm so proud of you." Dr. A said as she checked the heartbeats and Gaby watched as Nick's eyes filled with awe as he heard the two different heartbeats. Gaby could have sworn she saw him wipe away a tear but with the light being dimmed in the room she wasn't sure. After a few minutes of measuring they had arrived at the moment they have been waiting for.

"Okay let's see who these little pumpkins are." Dr. Ankhoma said as she labeled the twins 1 and two on the screen.

"Okay baby number 1 don't be shy." Dr. A mumbled to herself as she changed the angle of the camera to get the right position.

"Okay got it, twin one is a girl."

"Yes," Gaby said as she pumped her fist like Derek Jeter after hitting a home run.

"Calm down Jeter your only half right," Nick said shaking his head.

"Doesn't matter I'm still right."