12th ♪. Kokoro

I feel horrible but for the second time I was late on yet another important day..the second day of the violin competition.

"Gah! I'm sorry!!!!!!" I apologized to Kousei. He growled lowly with his hand on his hip and his foot was tapping impatiently. "This is the second time you've been late!!!" he said. "I know! I'm sorry! My mom made her famous waffles today and I was so enchanted by them that I took so long eating the-woah!" Kousei pulled my hand. "We don't have time! Come on! Tsubaki and Watari have already taken their seats! We just need to go backstage and get prepared!" he said while pulling me alongside with him though it was kind of hard since I was holding my violin case. Kousei is so serious about this. He's changed since last time we performed together.

Almost as if this is his competition. "We made it!" he said in relief as we walked in the backstage. "I'm sorry!!!" I said again and bowed. He sighed and ruffled his hand quickly through his hair. "Its fine..but next time you have to be on time." he said. I smiled. "Sure! That cant be hard!" I said. Actually it could...if food was in the way...then....

"Are you nervous?" he asked. "No not really. Why do you ask?" I said and opened my violin case on the bench. He sat down and I grabbed my brown violin and bow, placed my case down, and took a seat by Kousei. People were running around with either getting dressed or just practicing. "I guess I just wanted to make sure." he said. "Its me your talking to Kousei. I'm not nervous!" I said with a smirk. Kousei laughed at my confidence and sighed. "I still cant believe we made it this far. Even though we're not in the finals this is still good." he said.

"I know! I'm so proud of us!!" I squealed happily. "Again thank you for still performing with me." I said. "No problem. " he said. I stared in his eyes as he started in mine and I giggled. The clicking of heels escaped the floor and I saw Ruby. Ruby!!??!! "Ruby? Is that you!? They let you backstage?" I asked and stood up. "Y-Yes! H-Hi!" she said nervously and pushed her glasses up. "You really came!" Kousei said. We had invited her to the concert. I didn't think she would really come but I'm glad she did. I was hoping she would.

"Y-Yes. Thank you both for inviting me!" she said. "It was nothing. I'm glad you could make it." I said. "M-Me too." she said. "Ah! Um Kousei did you tell Tsubaki and Watari to save a spot?" I asked. "Uh yeah." he said. "Well there's going to be a girl with short brown hair and a boy with short caramel hair sitting in the audience. Their our age so you cant miss them!" I said. "I-I'll try my best!" she said. I nodded. "W-Well good luck!" she said with a slight wave. "Thank you!" we both said and she skipped off to the crowd.

Their all here. Our friends. Our confidence is straight. We're both ready to do this. I gripped my instrument tighter and took a deep breath. After some minutes our number was called. I smiled and we both walked to the curtains. "Your both up!" a man said to us and checked something off on his clipboard that was probably my name. "We're here." I said. Kousei smiled and held my hand gently. I gasped and looked at him.

"Promise we'll always play till the very end? Even if we don't make it to the finals? We'll still play together?" he asked me. A smile crept up on my lips as I stared in his beautiful ocean eyes. They were dangerous because I could get lost in them and I wouldn't want to wake up.

"Promise Kousei. I promise." I said. He chuckled and let go of my hand as we both walked on the stage. He went to the grand piano that awaited him and I stood in the center. All eyes on us as always. Here we go!

______ PLAY SONG_____

Kousei played first as soft as silk. His gentle playing flooded the room slowly. It was slow and calm as he played and I couldn't help but tilt from side to side to the angelic sound. He was really talented. I don't know if he knew that or if he just ignored it since people always talked about it. But he was truly talented. I could play the piano as well. But it wasn't my favorite thing to play. I was more bonded with the violin. Which is why I associate with it more. But the piano was great for Kousei.

My part came and I gently swayed my bow back and forth across the thin strings. It created a smooth sound so that nothing was out of the ordinary. Kousei picked up the pace a little causing me to quicken as well. I heard gasps of shock escape from certain people in the audience but I was too focused to look. The tempo was changing from fast to slow. It was amazing.

I then played in a crazy and frenzied manner and Kousei did the same. I smiled as my shiny hair swayed with the rhythm of my quick and rapid movements. Sweat was gleaming down my face in the bright spotlights. I panted tiredly but kept moving, pushing myself past my limits. I didn't care though. That's what makes me a musician.

_________

KOUSIES P.O.V.

You could hear it. The emotions we were sending out together. Happiness, love and yet somewhat sadness.

"Your emotions aren't exposed in the song!"

"Isn't that why you picked this song!?"

I laughed at my thoughts. She could be so loud and rude. But she was my friends Angelina who I was developing feelings for. I still think its wrong for me to feel this way though. I'm trying to fight it. I glanced at her racing through the song in a dash. She was the definition of outstanding. She was incredible. She was extravagant.

But the reason I picked this song was because of my mom...

I walked to my mom who was sitting on the couch with her hand on her forehead. Her locks feel gently on her skinny fingers and I took a chomp of my pop tart. "What's wrong mom?" I asked her. She slowly met my eyes. "Its nothing dear..you just go back to playing the piano.." she said. She was stressed out from work. I could tell. I swallowed my bite and placed it on my moms lap wanting her to eat it for me.

I awkwardly walked to the black giant and sat on the piano seat. I danced my tiny fingers around the piano's keys creating harmony. This song Kokoro. I had heard it once and I had yearned to learn it ever since. So without my mom knowing I had practiced this song a lot. I created a warm and light tempo and beat. I loved the sound of the piano. How it ringed my ears and made my body want to dance.

How loud the notes were and how with all these keys you could make something wonderful with it. My feet kicked back and forth with the song and I found myself humming it. Lost in my own little world of joy and happiness. "You've gotten so good at playing." a sweet voice said. I smiled at my mom. "Please continue." she said. I giggled and continued to play. I had completely forgotten my mother loved this song.

She swayed one finger from both of her hands side to side with the song. Her mouth was open as laughter escaped and we were then both laughed harmonically with the music.

I wish she could've met Kaori

I wish she could've met Angelina

All of a sudden, briefly Angelina's movements came to a slow and peaceful stop and I played the last singular notes left of the song.

Without a second though, the audience stood up from their seats and gave us both a ocean length of clapping and whistling. I smiled and Angelina's turned to me. Her chest was heaving up and down and she smiled brightly. Sweat fell everywhere on her and her face seemed a bit tired  from our performance.

But....

I thought I saw a tear slide down her crystal orb to her cheeks...

Why?

ANGELINAS P.O.V.

I wish I could tell him.. Kousei....

....how much I love him....