9th ♪. Family

ANGELINAS P.O.V.

Kousei was on blabbering about something concerning our next competition in three weeks or something like that. I pulled a chocolate pocky stick out and stuck it in my mouth playfully. "Are you even listening!?" Kousei asked me. "Of course!" I said. He sighed and his fingers combed his soft hair. "I've decided our piece to play." he said. Yeah, I let Kousei pick this song. He deserved it anyways. "Oh! What is it!?" I asked and took a chomp from my stick.

"You know that song Kokoro by Kagamine Rin?" he asked me. I gasped and hopped out my seat. "You listen to vocaloid too!!?" I asked excitedly. "Um...no." he said. I frowned and sat back in my seat gully. "Then why'd you ask me that?" I said. "Well I wanted to play that song but in a violin and piano duet." he said and pulled out music sheets. I looked at them and found the violin part. "So what's this about? If you don't like vocaloids then why do you want to do their song?" I asked.

He smiled. "Well this song means something to me actually." he said. "It does?" I asked. "So you think you want to do it?" he asked. I studied the music a bit more and smiled with him. "Sure! I don't see the problem!" I said. "Great!" he said and I stuck a pocky stick in his mouth. He widened his eyes through his glasses and I laughed. "Come on. We could at least start practicing now." I said. He nodded in agr and started to chomp down his chocolate pocky stick hungrily.

_______

"That was good for our first time." Kousei said. "Yeah but I'm sure we can do better!" I said proudly. "By the way I was looking at the last piece we played." he said. "Hikaru Naru?" I asked and he nodded. "How did you come up with the lyrics for that song?" he asked. I smiled. "Well I was thinking of us and the words just popped in my head. That song is our song Kousei." I said and ate another stick. "Our song?" he said.

I turned to him and swayed my finger as I said some of the lyrics

"You were the one, you were always the one - You were the light in my life

When you're with me, we can take on the night, shining like stars in the sky

Don't hide away - Never hold back your tears, your trying so hard to be strong

Only for you I'd gather the stars, 'cause with you is where they belong!" I said

A breeze made his locks fly in the air as he stared at me in astonishment. "I'm not the best songwriter but I think I did okay!" I said. I noticed he looked at me for quite some time that made me worry. "Um Kousei? You alright?" I asked. "Ah! Yeah its just....those lyrics. And their meaning. You really care about me, huh?" he said. My eyes went big and my heart stopped for a second.

I gave him a gentle smile. "Of course!" I said. He gasped and I laughed. "Anywho I was wondering if you would like to have dinner with me and my parents." I said. "Hm? Why?" he asked. "Well actually my parents wanted to meet you but I kept forgetting to ask you." I said. He took a look at his watch and then nodded. "Yeah, I can go." he said. I sighed with relief glad that I wouldn't come home to disappointed parents.

___________

I knocked on the front door. "Mother! Father! Its Angelina!" I said. After a couple of seconds we got a response. The knob turned and there was a clicking sound. The door opened revealing my father with his reading glasses on. "Hello father!" I said. He smiled at me and then looked to my side. His eyes went wide and he dropped his book he held. "U-Um hello! I-I'm Kousei!" Kousei said nervously and bowed.

"H-Honey!" my father said. "Yes? Who's at the door!?" I heard my mom yell. "Its Angelina....and a guest.." he said and then opened the door wider. "Come in. Its a pleasure to meet you Kousei." he said. We both stepped in the house. "Who is it?" my mother saw Kousei and her jaw fell open. "No way.." she said and her lips curved to a smile. "I-Its nice to meet you!" Kousei said.

"Oh my god!" my mother said and you would've thought she was a teen. "Its so amazing to meet you! Angelina talks so much about you!" she squealed while shaking Kousei hand. He blushed and met my eyes. I did a whistle and looked away. "T-That's nice!" he said. "Your the reason our dear Angelina plays the violin!" my father announced. "Its a dream come true!" my mother said and hugged Kousei.

He laughed nervously while patting her back. "Darling give the young boy some space." my father said and gently pulled my mother away. "I'm sorry! But...your the reason our Angelina is our Angelina!" she said. I pouted. "Whatever!" I said with a funny smirk. "Really?" Kousei asked. "Of course!" my father said.

"I remember when she was little and went to one of your concerts! Oh dear on one of them she cried like a baby afterword's! It was so sad but so be-" "So mom what are we having for dinner?" I interrupted her on purpose. Kousei was too interested in her words and my father was holding back a laugh. "Ah that's right! I prepared some Okinawa Soba! Do you like Okinawa Soba?" she asked Kousei.

"Do you have egg sandwich?" he asked. Egg sandwich? "Well yes I could make that for you." my mom said. He smiled happily and nodded. "Please do!" he said. My father laughed and I chuckled. So while we ate Soba Kousei ate egg sandwich with the biggest grin plastered on his face. Jokes were made, conversations were born, and relationships had grown.

__________

"Thank you so much Ms. and Miss. Harvey!" he said. They both giggled and waved to him. "Can I talk to you?" I asked. Kousei nodded and I stepped outside with him. "Don't be long!" my mother said. My father slowly closed the door while keeping a sharp and close eye on us. "Thanks for coming Kousei." I said. "Anytime! Your parents were nice!" he said. I chuckled and walked to the door when I felt a hand grab me.

I turned to see Kousei and he tightened his grip on me. "Kousei?" I asked. "I-I...mmm...nothing..never mind." he said and dropped me. I looked at him for a couple of seconds and he waved to me. "I'll see you." he said and started walking off. I watched him go until I couldn't see him and walked inside. "Is everything alright?" my mom asked.

I took a deep breath.

"Yeah, everything's great."