11th ♪. Sick

Since it was Saturday and me and Kousei had been practicing a lot I thought that I could give us a break with one of my favorite sweets just to be nice!...But...

I've called this child and texted him about 6 times. What is he doing? I had walked all the way from my house to Kouseis. Sure, I should be worried about him but I was more upset that he didn't text or call me back. I knocked on the door. No response. I knocked again. No response. I growled and knocked harder. No response. "Kousei!!" I yelled and was about to knock on the door again when it swung opened revealing a messy haired and red faced Kousei. He had a thermometer hanging out his mouth and his breathing was rapid.

"What happened to you?" I asked and frowned. "You didn't respond to any of my calls." I said a little angry at the cute musician. "I'm really sorry but...I'm a little sick." he said through what looked like some painful coughs. "That sounds like you..." I said. "Well lets get you inside." I said and pushed him back in. "Huh? Wait what are you doing?" he asked. "Isn't it obvious!? I'll be your doctor for today!" I said.

"What!? Seriously!?" he asked. "Yeah. So you better be grateful." I said. He nodded. "Alright then." he said. I smiled. "Now you just go lay down. I'll be there." I said. He smiled and then walked off to his room. I dumped my bag on the table that contained the savory sweets. "Do you have a fever?" I asked him. "I think so." he mumbled. I put my hand on his forehead. I widened my eyes. Wow, his forehead was hot! Like really hot! "What did you do?" I asked him. "I don't know! I just went to bed and woke up with a horrible feeling." he said.

"I'll get you a wet towel." I said and got up. "There in the laundry room." he said. "Alright!" I grabbed a towel, put it in some cold water, and gently placed it on his forehead. He closed his eyes for a bit and his breathing had calmed down. That's good. "But Angelina wont you get sick too?" he asked me. "Don't worry about it. As long as your well it wont matter." I said and sighed. "Angelina..." he said. "Hmm its about lunch time...well past lunch time actually..have you eaten anything Kousei?" I asked him.

"I ate breakfast but that was before I was feeling sick." he said. "Ah...well I guess I can try to fix you up something." I said even though I'm not a great cook. Or a cook period. "Can you fix me an egg salad sandwich!" he asked happily. "But you ate that something like that at my parents house to. Are you sure that's what you want?" I asked him. "Please! Please!" he said cheerfully. His face literally lights up every time the word "egg sandwich" is said around him. I sighed. "Fine." I said. He laughed and I smiled at him.

So just for Kousei I did my best to prepare him a delicious egg salad sandwich. But I didn't want to spoil him so I made some simple soup with a glass of water. "Wow Angelina! Your such a talented cooker!!" he said joyfully. "Really?" I asked nervously and held the box I was holding tighter. "Yes! The egg salad is light on the mayo and light on the salt! A perfect combination!" he said and I laughed at him. "I don't know if you wanted some. I brought them for us both to eat but now that your sick I don't know If you'll still want one." I said.

He met my eyes as he munched on his sandwich. "What is it?" he asked once he swallowed. I opened the box and he gasped. "canale's!!" I said with a giggle and popped one in my mouth. I moaned in delight as the yumminess took over my mouth. I looked at Kousei who stared at me in shock. "You want one?" I said and put one towards him. He hesitated at first and then took it. "Why? Why are these your favorite?" he asked me.

"My mom makes the best ones. She use to always make them and I always ate them!" I said and ate another one. "Its been so long since I've eaten one...ever since Kaori...." his voice trailed off. Ever since Kaori died. The girl I resemble so much to him. The girl that has too many similarities with me that its heartbreaking. Am I hurting Kousei with this? Why is that everything I do make him think of her? Does he see her in me and that's why he's so nice to me?

"Thank you Angelina." he said. "For what?" I said. "For taking care of me today." he said with a laugh. "Oh, its no problem." I said and chomped on yet another French pastry. Kousei took another treat and sipped some of his soup. "I cant believe the competition is in a couple of days." I said with a sigh. "What? It is? I thought it was in a couple of weeks! I haven't even been practicing at home." Kousei said nonchalant. "What!?" I said and glared at him.

"Yeah though you told me to practice at home I've been slacking off. I thought we had more time." he said with a smirk. "Kousei! I'm going to kill you!" I said. He laughed. "I'm joking! I'm joking!" he said and held his hands up defensibly.

"You think your so sly don't you Kousei." I said. "N-No.." he said nervously but smiled.

"Your right though....its only in a couple of days..." he said and yawned.

In a couple of days...