Head over Stilettos for my boss...

Hi there :) Here's the first chapter of a new story that I'm writing. Please vote if you like it and think I should continue writing it. And please please comment as well. I seriously would love some criticism and constructive advice. Hope u love reading this as I enjoyed writing it 

Debbie x

CHAPTER 1

MAXINE’S POV

My name is Maxine Rivers. I am a lawyer and even though I’m quite young compared to some of the people in my office, I’m good. Men walk through my office thinking I’m going to be a good lay once they get past my hard exterior, but they walk back out thinking damn, I was so wrong! Don’t be mistaken, I don’t mix business with pleasure. Ever since I was little, my dad instilled into me that I must not under any circumstances fall in love, date or sleep with my colleagues. He had learnt that the hard way. Before he got married to my mum, he had fallen in love with one of his colleagues and to say the least, it ended badly. Really badly. All over the press scandal kind of bad. So when I walked through my office one day to find that an emergency meeting had been called; absolutely no one could have prepared me for what was laid ahead of me in my future.

I walked into the conference room and slid in next to one of my friends. Ron.

‘What’s happening?’ I whispered to him yet trying to focus on the man that was at the head of the room. I had never in my life seen him before and at the pit of my stomach, I had a feeling I would be seeing a lot of him.

‘Charlie’s retiring apparently. And you see that dude over there,’ he pointed at the man I had been looking at ‘he’s going to be our new boss.’

Well I certainly hadn’t been expecting that.

So I focused on what the guy was saying and simultaneously, I took in everything about him.

Everything about him screamed confidence and dominance. One of the two things I definitely liked in a person. He wore a dark grey suit and a white shirt topped with Armani shoes. Something told me that everything he wore, right down to his boxers, were probably designer and I was probably right.

I bit my lip as I could clearly see that he worked out. He was a tall man and his shirt and suit were hugging him in the right places. His skin looked dark, flawless and smooth and I mentally wondered how they would feel under my hand if I stroked them.

STOP MAX!

Daddy said ‘you don’t mix business with pleasure’. So instead of thinking about his light brown eyes and his shortly cropped hair, I focused on the words that were coming out of his full lips.

‘I expect everyone of you to work hard as usual. Charlie has already told me that you are all awesome at what you do and that I shouldn’t expect anything less than perfect. So that’s exactly what I’m aiming for people; perfect. I think that we’re going to get along nicely. I promise you that I don’t bite, at least not unless you rub me the wrong way.’ He smiled.

Smiles and laughter rung out of the conference room and I even managed to smile myself.

‘Nothing has changed really. Just the coffee machine as I am a die-hard fan of coffee. So I hope that you all have a lovely day. Any problems, simply come to me.’

Our new boss stepped back and so the rest of us took that as our cue to leave.

‘What’s the new boss’ name?’ I asked Ron.

‘Jonathan Grays.’

‘Hm, sounds nice. He seems nice too.’ I smiled.

‘I thought you didn’t do office romances.’ Ron smiled with one of his eyebrows slightly raised.

‘I don’t. But it doesn’t mean that I can’t appreciate God’s art.’

After some more talking with Ron and making myself some coffee, I sat down on my desk and looked at the work I had to complete today.

Comment & Vote!! 

Thank you...