Always Be Together

Chapter 17

-Liam's POV-

Josh was smirking, his gun still held at Zayn. I guess they found out Zayn wouldn't do as they asked. I stood there watching them, not saying a word. I don't want to say something and have they hurt anyone. Giulia had old tear stains running down her cheeks. How long had they been here?

"What do you want?" I ask coldly. Josh laughs at me.

"What do I want? Nothing, except for you three to get out of my way. I got what I needed thanks to Zayn here." He said looking down at Zayn. My face flushed with confusion, what's he talking about? What did Zayn do?

"I'm sorry Liam, they tried to hurt Giulia. I'm so sorry." Zayn said letting his head fall down in defeat. Maura walked out of the room for a second before I hear a dragging sound. She returns shortly with a big cloth bag. I shake my head, no, that can't be what I think it is. It can't have who I think it has in it. This can't be happening to me.

"Alright, let's go. Liam move out of the way so I don't have to hurt you." Josh says tightening his grip on the gun. I don't move, I know that's a stupid thing to do since he has the power to hurt me and everyone I love with just a pull of that trigger, but I can't let them do this. I lost Niall once, and I'm not going to do it again.

"Liam do what he says, he isn't messing around." Zayn begs still not making eye contact with me. I'm not mad at Zayn, far from it. I would have done the same thing if it was the other way around. I know where he was coming from. I look up and notice a tall curly haired boy starring at us through the window, I don't make it obvious I am watching him.

"Stall" Harry mouths at me. I look away from him and try to think of something to stall them. I don't know what Harry has planned, but I know I need to keep them in this house until he does what he needs to do.

"How could you do this to your own son?" I ask aiming the question at Maura. Her face falters for a second, but as soon as it had it went back to a stone wall.

"He isn't my son anymore. He's a good for nothing deaf boy." She spits. The anger starts bubbling up inside me. I hate when people treat Niall like that. He isn't good for nothing. He has a heart of gold and would do anything to help people. He puts everyone in front of himself, even if he is the one who needs help. He doesn't deserve any of this. He needs to get help, he needs that surgery.

"Wait, I thought you were deaf?" I say looking back to Josh. That's true, I thought he was. But I did have a hunch he was faking something. I knew he wasn't what he made himself out to be. He was to perfect.

"I was faking you dumb shit. Now move or I'll kill this girl right here right now." He growls.

"No! Please Liam, do what he says!" Zayn begs, I watch as the tears begin to fall down his cheeks. I know Josh isn't messing around. He wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet through her head. I have to keep stalling though. Come on Harry, where are you?

"Fine, but you're not going to get away with this." I say stepping to the side and leaning against the wall. Right as I step aside there's a loud crash and men start swarming inside the house. They are all wearing the same thing. Black pants, black shirt, and black beanies. They each have guns and walkie talkies. I'm shocked by this, until Harry and Bobby.

"Michael you are under arrest for escaping prison and for trying to murder an innocent boy and his family. Same with Josh and even you Maura. I thought you were better than this." Bobby Horan said pulling out a set of handcuffs and grabbing Maura. The men in black helped handcuff each of them. They were placed against the wall and lead out front into a large black van.

"How did you do it?" I asked once Harry is done talking with Bobby about something.

"Bobby once told me that Niall was ever in trouble to call him, so that's what I did. Now help me get Niall out of there and back to the hospital." Harry said turning and walking over to the cloth bag. I rushed over there and helped Niall out of it. He was still unconscious, I don't even know how he got here. I was about to pick up Niall when someone came in shouting.

"THEY GOT NIALL THEY HAVE HIM WE HAVE TO GO SAVE HIM!! ZAYN!!! LIAM!!!" Louis came running into the room screaming at the top of his lungs. He stopped dead in his tracks and looked around. He obviously hadn't been paying much attention to his surroundings until now.

"What did I miss?" He asks looking around then finally settling his gaze on Harry.

"Don't worry Boo, I got it taken care of. Bobby came to the rescue once again." Harry smiled at his husband. Louis nodded and looked down at Niall.

"Let's get him back to the hospital." I say picking him up and carrying him out to my car. Louis gets in the back with Niall, and Harry sits in the front with me. We rush out of the driveway and back down the street. We get to the hospital in record breaking time. I carry Niall back into the ER, our nurse from before recognizes us and gasps.

"Code blue!" She shouts, then we are swarmed by nurses. They take Niall out of my arms and lay him down on a stretcher. The other nurses look at me wearily before our nurse shakes her head at them. They allow all three of us to follow Niall untilt hey get to an operating room.

"We need to operate now, please wait in the waiting room. We will keep you posted I promise." The nurse tells us. I reluctantly allow them to take Niall into the room. We walk back out to the waiting room and I begin pacing back and forth, waiting for some news to let us know what is happening.

Twenty minutes pass, the front door opens and we turn to see Bobby, Zayn, and Giulia running inside. Zayn still won't make eye contact with me, I think he is ashamed of what he did. I reach over and squeeze his arm lightly. He finally looks up at me. He pulls me into a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered. I nod and rub his back. I hope he knows I'm not mad at him, I could never be mad at him. He has helped us so much in the past. I am grateful to have him as a brother.

"Mr. Horan's family?" The nurse from before says as she walks out of the ER doors. We all stand up and look at her hopefully. She gives us a smile and I can feel all the weight disappearing off of me. I know he's okay, I know he made in through the surgery and that's all that matters.

"You can come see him now, but one at a time okay?" She says sweetly. I nod, everyone else goes back to sit down besides me. Bobby smiles at me.

"Go see him lad, I know he would rather be with you." He encourages me. I smile and nod giving him a tight hug.

"Thank you so much, for everything." I whisper into his ear. He nods and smiles.

"Go get him." He laughs slapping me playfully on the back as I turn to walk down the white halls to the all too familiar room. My heart is beating a thousand times per minutes as I make my way to his room. I pass by all the patients who I have come to know from these past months. They all smile and wave at me. I return the smile and wave, being polite. The hallway feels like it goes on forever, I can hear the light tapping of my feet on the hard linoleum until I finally stop at his door. I'm nervous, I haven't spoken to him in months. Plus, this time, he can hear my voice. Well we hope that's true. I take a deep breath before I reach out and grab the cold doorknob. I push the door open and make my way inside.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N should the epilogue be next or do you want more?