Day dreamer

-Harry’s POV-

I was fixing my tux looking in the mirror thinking about what a wonderful night I was going to have with my husband. I smiled to myself and turned to go make some tea, Louis still has half an hour of work until he will be home. Prom is going to be so much fun, I wish Louis hadn’t dropped out, but at least the school is still allowing him to go. I think it’s because I have a good connection with some of the staff in the office. They all seem to really like me. I made myself a cup of tea and leaned against the counter, I couldn’t help but keep glancing at my watch. Louis still had time to get here, the dance had started but it was alright to show up a little late. Once I had finished my tea it was time Louis should be home. I sighed and fiddled with my fingers trying to convince myself he was just running late. I went back into our room and tidied up the small mess I had made while I was getting ready. I glanced at the clock, Louis was now an hour late. I bit my lip and went to the living room. I turned on the TV and found some show that was on. I sighed and tried to focus on the stupid show that made no sense to me since I haven’t been watching it from the beginning. I didn’t want to see how late it was getting, I just kept focusing on the TV watching as the shows changed every hour. I hadn’t realized how late it was until I felt myself drifting off to sleep.

I was walking through the park, watching as the little kids played on the swings. It was getting late so many of the moms were trying to pry the kids off the swings. I smiled at a young boy with feathery hair who was begging and begging his mom to let him play for a little while longer. I sighed and sat on a bench trying to relax from the hard week of school. Louis keeps coming home later and later, I’ve noticed he is smelling like alcohol too. I am trying to ignore it and hopping it’s just someone else who works with him who is drinking. Maybe he was getting someone a drink and it spilled on him or something. Yeah, that’s a plausible thing right? I hate this I am living in such denial now. I know what is happening, I can see it right before my eyes. But me being me, I don’t want to admit it, I don’t want to admit that my husband is becoming an alcoholic. I just can’t bring myself to think any of this. It’s just so hard for me. I sigh and pull out my phone looking through some old texts on it from Louis, he is so cute. He would randomly text me during the day ‘You’re beautiful’ or ‘smile sexy’ it would always make me blush during class, so I would be sitting there blushing like a complete idiot. I smiled at the texts, I heard footsteps coming up to me. I looked up from the phone to see a man who looked slightly familiar. But I couldn’t put a name to the face. I looked up at him my face looking confused as he stopped right in front of where I was sitting. He had a T-shirt on that read ‘children’s drama center’ that’s where Louis works. So this man must work with Louis. He had paint splattered over his face, he must have been painting something during the day. He looked sad, his eyes were red rimmed like he had been crying for quite some time. I raised an eyebrow at him, why would he be coming up to me? I’ve never met him before?

“Harry? Harry Styles?” The man asked. His voice was deep, deeper than I had expected for this man. I nodded sliding my phone back into my pocket. He sighed and looked down at his feet, he looked nervous to tell me something.

“I have bad news.” He said quietly. My heart beat quickened. I am scared to know what the bad news is.

“W-what news?” I asked hesitantly. The man brought his hands together slowly. He rubbed them slowly, breathing out slowly. This man was really reluctant to tell me the news. This can’t be good.

“Um, I hate to be the one to tell you this. But no one else would volunteer to tell you. Harry, I’m sorry… but… Louis left work early today and he told us he was going to the bar. We went to check on him and he was in a bar fight. The man who he picked the fight with was way bigger than him. The man pulled a gun on Louis and… he shot him. I’m sorry Harry. Louis didn’t make it, he died on impact.” As this man told me this my body began shaking, I couldn’t take this news. My head spun, everything became blurry and a ray of colors. My whole world was spinning and turning upside down. Louis couldn’t be dead. No. He couldn’t be, I need him. I need my Louis to live. My body was shaking, I tried to stand but everything went black. I felt myself falling. My head hit the ground and-  

BAM!

I jumped up from the loud sound of something dropping onto the floor, I heard the sound of glass shattering all over the floor. I rubbed my eyes and tried to focus on the short boy stumbling into the living room. My heart sunk, Louis was piss drunk. He didn’t come home, we didn’t go to prom because he went to the bar. I felt my eyes brim with tears, I wiped them away before they could spill over. Louis looked up as he stumbled slightly, gripping the side of the couch for support. I just sat there watching him as he grinned at me, I could smell the horrible smell of alcohol on his body. It disgusted me. I stood up, trying to hold back the sob I wanted to let slip. I sighed and walked straight back to our room. I heard him following me, once I got to the door I turned and slammed it in his face. I turned the lock and locked him out, ignoring the pain that was in my chest as I did this. I just can’t stand him when he’s drunk.

“Harry!” He shouted, but I ignored him I fell onto the bed and curled up into a ball. Louis started pounding on the door. I bit my lip and let the tears flow down my cheeks.

“Harry please open the door!” He shouts, his speech slurring a little, he sounded more sober than usual, but he still didn’t come home in time to go to Prom. He knew that was the one thing I asked from him, I know he is really busy at work. He hardly has time for anything anymore, but he promised me he would go to prom with me. He made that promise, I was just hoping he would be able to actually keep his promise for once. I guess I was wrong, very very wrong. I allowed the sobs to rack my body as Louis continued to pound on the door. He kept begging for me to open the door, it took everything in my body to not get up and unlock that door. It took everything in me to not just forgive the blue eyes beauty and kiss him and hope he will do better tomorrow. After what felt like hours, I heard one last pound. It sounded like his forehead hitting the door.

“I’m sorry Harry. I am so, so sorry.” He cried, I could hear the tears in his voice. That pulled at my heart, I hate seeing him cry. Knowing I was the reason for him crying made it hurt more. I heard a sliding noise, I let out a sigh and closed my eyes tightly. I couldn’t get myself to fall asleep, every time I closed my eyes all I saw are the beautiful blue eyes of the boy I fell in love with all those years ago. I tossed and turned for about two hours. Eventually I got so restless I wanted to know what Louis ended up doing. I got up slowly trying to stay quiet. I grabbed a pillow and blanket before I unlocked the door. I slowly opened it and looked out, on the floor right in front of the door Louis had curled up. He looked so cute sleeping there. My heart throbbed for him. I sighed and laid the blanket over him, I placed the pillow beside him and got down on the ground. I curled up beside him and got under the blanket. I shut my eyes, I felt his warm arms snake around my waist. He didn’t speak, but I know he’s awake. I finally slipped off to sleep. Trying to forget all the events that took place today.   

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone even reading this...?