More Than This

Hey guys! Omg so this is a short update because I felt like I should update since it's One Direction's Birthday! so here you go you amazing people! I still can't believe it's been 3 years! I have met so many amazing people through them. I wouldn't have met any of them. I love them all and I have One Direction to thank for it. The boys have saved so many people and they don't even realize it. They saved me and many other girls from themselves. I love them and thank them everyday for it. I cannot wait until the concert. I have exactly a week today! :D Well read this short chapter, and I hope you have an amazing 1D Day :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 10

REMINDER!!!

Liam is BOLD

Niall is Italic

Josh is BOTH

-Liam’s POV-

(2 Months Later)

Niall’s still in a coma. The doctors tell me they don’t know when, or if, he will wake up. I used to stay with him and not leave, but I had to eventually. I couldn’t stay and miss the last few weeks of school. I would have ended up failing senior year, I went to graduation but it was all a blur. Nothing seemed to make me happy, everywhere I looked I would see his blonde hair, his bright blue eyes. I felt like I had failed him. I felt like I was the reason this happened. All I could think about is, ‘what if I was never in the picture.’ If I wasn’t maybe Niall would have been better off. But I guess we will never know, we took the second road in the large fork in the road of life. We will never get to know if Niall would have loved his life and lived longer, we never get to know if he met someone who was a hundred times better for him than I ever was or ever will be. I can’t stay at my house anymore. I would just start crying every time I walked into the house, memories of Niall flooded my mind and blinded me from any reality. I was just ghosting through life, not really showing emotion. Sure, I was happy when I graduated but it wasn’t the same. I wanted to graduate and have Niall by my side. I wanted him to be there when I got my diploma, I wanted to be sitting in the crowed and watch him receive his the same day. But, the cruel reality destroyed that. I couldn’t do any of those things, I never will be. Reality really did ruin my life.

Louis, he has been my savior through all of this. He has been there for me even when I was at my worst and didn’t want anyone to help me. He stayed by my side and made me do things, he forced me to eat so I wouldn’t die of starvation. He forced me to leave the house and get fresh air. At the times when he did these things I hated him, but I always knew he was doing it for me, he was trying to save me. Save me from my horrible self. I am going to visit Niall today. I see him every other day. I spend the whole day there sometimes just holding his hand and kissing it every once and a while. Niall still looks so pale, they took out a few of the tubes. They told me he was getting better, but it’s hard to believe when you see him. He is still connected to a machine to help him breathe, he just looks so helpless. I heard the door slide open, Louis was standing there with a bag of Subway. He gave me a small smile and walked into the room. He sat down next to me and watched Niall for a second before speaking.

“Hey Li, how’s our little Nialler?” He asked. He always asks me this, the exact same way too. He always says it smoothly and calmly. He never pushes me to answer either, he just sits there patiently waiting for me to be ready. I just nod today and look sadly down at Niall.

“I brought you lunch, but the nurses don’t allow us to eat in here. Let’s go down to the cafeteria yeah?” He asks resting his hand on my shoulder. I sigh before kissing Niall’s hand and slowly getting up. Louis and I start walking down the hall to get to the cafeteria. We get there and there’s a sign in front of it that read

“Sorry we are closed we will be open again tomorrow”

Louis looked confused at the sign but shrugged

“Well we can eat in my car, or I can take you to the park or something.” He suggested. I shook my head.

“No, let’s just eat in the car.” I said in a monotone voice. Louis gave me a small smile and nodded. He grabbed my hand and held it as we walked out of the hospital. I didn’t notice him holding my hand, it was just a usual thing with him and I know. I just think it’s his way of telling me he is here for me. He took me to his car and we both got in. He handed me a wrapped sandwich I smiled softly at him before unwrapping it and eating it. We ate in silence for the next few minutes. I looked over at Louis, I could feel his eyes on me. Watching me, our eyes met and I couldn’t place the way he was looking at me. His blue eyes shined in mine, they reminded me of Niall’s, except they were more of a piercing blue. Niall’s were a soft blue.

“Sorry” He mumbled looking back down. I shook my head, why is he apologizing? I should be the one saying sorry. I was the one who was and is a big issue, I take up his whole day with my needy self.

“No, I’m sorry. I don’t mean to be such a problem.” I say softly. Louis looks up with shock written across his face.

“You’re not a problem. I enjoy doing this.” He says. I shake my head and look down. He grabs my chin, forcing me to look up into his eyes.

“Liam, you are not a problem. I know you are in pain and I want to be the one to help you through it all. That’s why I have stayed with you.” Louis said softly, not letting go of my chin. I bit my lip, my eyes wandered down to his plump pink lips. I don’t know why, but I couldn’t help but think about how soft his lips looked. I wanted to test it, I wanted to feel how soft they seemed to be. I gulped, I really shouldn’t be thinking this way, and both he and I have boyfriends. He and Harry are doing so well now, Niall isn’t around, but I still love him deeply.

“Sorry, let’s go back and see Niall yeah?” Louis says suddenly releasing his grip on my chin and looking down with a blush. Wait why is he blushing? I couldn’t have been the one to make him blush, could I? I shook my head and we got out of the car.

“Lou…” I say before we start walking. He looks up at me with hesitant eyes. I don’t know what came over me. I grabbed his arm and pulled him closer to me. I didn’t think about what I was doing, I grabbed his face and pressed my lips to his. His lips were just as soft as I had thought they would be. He stiffened at first, but melted into the kiss. My hands trailed down to his waist and his wrapped around my neck. Our lips moved together. I felt a tingling in my lips, they were molded perfectly to Louis. He darted his tongue out and I accepted it instantly. Our tongues danced together perfectly. We walked backwards until we got to the car. I pressed him up against the side of his car. We never broke the kiss. When we both were dying for air was the only time be broke the kiss. He was breathing heavily and looked up into my eyes. I stared into his blue eyes.

“No one has to know.” He whispered. I nodded and kissed him again with force.