Meeting Zeus

KALEBS P.O.V

Zeus sat on his throne high and mighty. He wore a flowing king like robe, one side of it clamped to the side showing off his manly chest. On his head he wore a crown made of laurel flowers.

I was nervous and yet happy at the same time. I can't believe I was standing only a few yards from the god of the sky and ruler of the Olympian gods.

"What a pleasant surprise," he spoke in a deep voice.

Neither me or Astrapes said anything back, I think we were both in a stae of shock.

"Well are you going to stand there all day or are you going to come forth"

Me and straps both took a few steps forward.

"Closer," he said.

We did, we took some more steps forward and we're now only about five feet from Zeus.

He eyed Astrapes (my ring).

"Beautiful ring you have son, I could feel your power coming from a mile away and you as well," he said looking at Astrapes.

"Thank you, sir," I said and I almost stuttered.

"Don't call me sir, it makes me feel old call me Zeus" he said and cracked a smile as well.

It reminded me of my mom, she always hated when people called her ma'am she said it made her feel old.

"Yes, Zeus"

He chuckled a bit. "You know I could teach you some new tricks that is if you'd like"

"That would be great," I said back.

Then I heard astrapes thoughts. She was wondering why Zeus was real, I thought the twins said these gods might not be real or maybe that's just it, they said might not so that must mean they are, they wanted us to think they were fake. She said in her thoughts

"Tell me your names, " said Zeus.

"I'm Kaleb," I said.

"And I'm Astrapes"

"Beautiful name, " Zeus replied. "But is that your given name from when you were born?" Zeus asked astrapes.

Astrapes shook her head "No, I earned this name, my real name is Ladonna"

I giggled a bit "maybe it was a good thing it got changed"

"You cannot mock a name until you know what it means," Zeus said.

I looked at astrapes "Well, what does it mean?"

"It means lady-like" Astrapes said.

I laughed, "That's funny"

"Shut up" astrapes said then punched my arm.

I rubbed my arm "that wasn't very nice"

"Enough fooling around I've got something for you guys to take care of," Zeus said.

"What is that?" I say back.

"I need you guys to travel and retreat one of my lighting bolts"

"Travel where ?" Astrapes ask.

"Let me show you," Zeus then got up and his chair moved like a secret opening was behind it like how you see in movies. A big hole now where his chair used to be, and a small path, a maze entrance was there.

Me and astrapes looked at each other in awe.

"Now what I'm asking you to do won't be easy. At the end when you find my lighting bolt that will be the most difficult part of it all," Zeus said.

"What will happen with the lighting bolt ?" I ask.

"I cannot tell you what will happen, But what I can tell you is that it won't be just as easy as picking it up and walking away."

"Well can you tell us how far we have to go to get the lighting bolt?" I ask.

Zeus shakes his head "I cannot tell you anything about what will happen once you start on this path"

I sighed "Then when do we start ?"

"Right now"

I stood there for a moment in silence. I thought this was what the twins wanted us to do was come to Etna mountain, but I guess they had something bigger in mind.. They always do.

Astrapes broke my thoughts,

"Are we going or not ?"

"oh yeah, sorry," I say back.

Me and Astrapes walked up to the hole we looked at each other. Then, before going in, I looked to Zeus.

"Maybe you can show me those tricks some other time?" I ask.

He grins "yeah, some other time kid"

I turned back to the hole like thing, and walked in.

The entrance behind us closed shut. In front of us was the same maze from my dream. Even the sign that said enter at your own risk was there. There was a little path up to it, but it was not long at all.

Astrapes walked up to it, "enter at your own risk," she read it out loud "sounds scary huh?"

I shrugged "ehh been there, done that"

She tilted her head in confusion "huh?"

"It's from my dream, all this, it was in my dream that infinity sent me"

"oh, ok" she responded. "even meeting Zeus?"

"Except for that, but the maze was in it, " I say then we start walking

As me and Astrapes walked into the maze everything was the same. The first turn, and the next one to.

"So was there anyone else like you guys?" I ask "with power sources?"

"Yeah, there was Glaizer, she had this ice like glass power it was really cool," she replied.

"that's kinda like Jane, she has glass poweres"

I then heard Astrapes thoughts. Who's jane? I wonder if its his girlfriend.

"Jane?" She finally asks out loud.

"She's laynes girlfriend, and this way," I say as we take another turn.

"Oh, oh and is that all the people you guys have with power sources? Like, that you know of?"

"No, we also have Berry he has metal powers. He was bad at the beginning, then he turned good, then now he's bad again"

"that kinda sounds lik-" she stopped talking.

"sounds like who?"

"It's a story for another time," she stopped walking and turned to me and pointed her index finger at me "And don't read my mind to find out this one either"

I held up my hands "fair enough."

We turned and kept walking. I wanted to read her mind to find out who she was talking about, but I didnt, I figured I would find out sometime in the future.

All the carvings were on the walls just like in my dreams. the only thing that seems different is how big it is inside, in my dream I had already made it to the middle in this time.

Atrapes stopped and grabbed my arm, stopping me too, "Wait, do you hear that?"

"hear what?" I ask.

"just listen"

So I did, I listened, and I heard it, it sounded like a big truck coming for us.

I turned around and saw a giant Boulder, rummbling after me and Astrapes, which was ready to make us flat!