Prepare to Live or Prepare to Die

*Flashback. Ami's POV*

"How can you still have hope in finding Aubrey?" Cassie asked me, watching me skin our first and, most likely, only meal of the day.

"How can you not?" I looked up at her, seeing that her eyes were empty. 

"I don't have time for hope anymore." She mumbled, looking at her drawing that she just started in the dirt with a stick. 

"...Time... No, see, that's where you're wrong... Since we can't spend our time with the wants of life, we have all the time in the world." My eyes began looking at the trees around me, the sky that once held a heavenly thing. 

Then, I realized where we were. This was the place where I first kissed Daryl. I haven't thought about Daryl. My brain kept wanting to think about if he was alive or not, but I wouldn't let it. I shouldn't be thinking about him. He's from my past, and I'll never see him again. I do find it quite strange that we just happened to camp out in this spot--some would even say fate. Cassie would say fate--I wouldn't. People always confuse fate with coincidence. 

*Present day. Ami's POV*

"What's goin' on between you and Tyreese?" I asked Karen, my body swaying as the horse walked. 

"Excuse me?"

I smiled at her response and her face. "I see the way y'all look at each other. It's almost disgustingly cute." 

"Really? I mean, there's nothin' really goin' on between us." 

"Uh-huh," I gave her a look, "sure." 

"Who would have ever thought?..." 

"What?" 

"Oh, I mean, in the beginning of all this, we would be where we are now." 

"Well, as I remember, you had it better, like, six months ago." I said, referring to Woodbury. 

"Yeah, but this is true. The other place was a lie." 

"I wouldn't get too comfortable." 

"Why?" 

"You know... I mean, everything good has to come to an end, for example: The Roman empire, the Myans, the United States, the farm that we stayed at before we came here, Woodbury." 

"Well, this got depressing fast." 

"My ass hurts." I moved my butt around until I got into a comfortable seating.

"Well, we're almost back, then Daryl can give it a little message... with his dick." 

I immediately started laughing. "What the hell?" My laughter slowly faded. 

"I'm just sayin'... It's a possibility." 

"No, Daryl has to go through the front door." 

Karen started laughing, now. "Okay... okay..."

"Alright, calm yourself; we're here." 

We started crossing the bridge. Karen and I took our knives and gun out. Carl started to open the gate, as one of the kids distracted the walkers before they could see us. When we got in the prison gates, we jumped off the horses. 

"Here ya' go." I handed Carl the diapers for Judith. 

"Thanks." He took them then opened the second gate and locked it behind us. 

"What the hell're they doin'?" I asked Carl. The men were doing something in the yard next to the shelter and barn. 

"Daryl wants to talk to you."