Chupacabra

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." – Marilyn Monroe

____________________________________________________________

*Ami's POV*

On our way back from the farm, it was awkward. Well, at least it was for me. I couldn't believe Daryl just let me go like that. From the emotions I've seen Daryl portray lately, I would have expected something a little more dramatic. But, no, just a, "Fine," that was all. A tear began to slip down my cheek. I can't believe I used to want to cry. Now, I can't stop. Fucking emtions. 

*

"Nothing." I told Rick who started to talk to us. I didn't stop. I just kept walking. I got into the RV and sat down. I sighed to myself. This world is heart renching. It's not even a world. It's a poor excuse of hell. Do I really want to live anymore? I've lost Cassie, my dad, my brother... 

There was a knock on the RV door, then it opened. I quickly wiped my tears away, afraid it was Daryl. He's already seen me cry twice. Which is two too many. 

But, it was Rick who opened the door and shut it behind him. "Are you okay?"

"Fine. Why?" I was trying to play it cool.

"You' haven't acted like that to before. Plus, Daryl even looked upset." 

"Sorry," I told Rick, while he sat down next to me.

"So what's wrong?" 

I sigh. "I told Daryl that I didn't want anything happening between me and him because I'm afraid I'll lose him."

Rick was quiet for a second. "You always have a risk of losing somebody." He looked me in the eyes. 

"But," I paused, thinking. "I still don't want to lose him." 

"Ami, if you keep pushing people away, then you're not going to have anyone left. You have to take a leap of faith that he'll survive." He was looking me in the eyes again, and I was looking right back even though my vision was getting blurry from the tears that are building up.

I couldn't hold it in. I started to cry, but I put my hand over my mouth and nose, hoping it would control the tears I guess. It didn't though. They kept coming. But it was definitely controlling the sound. Rick put his hand on the back of my head and pushed me gently to his chest.

*Rick's POV. Next Morning.*

"Morning guys. Let's get goin'.  We got a lot of ground to cover." Almost everyone followed me over to the car to find out what we were doing today. "Alright, so according to what Ami and Daryl found yesterday, Sophia might have gone further east than we thought." 

"I'd like to help." One of Hershel's people stepped forth. He couldn't be older than twenty. From what I heard, his name was Jimmy. 

"Hershel's okay with this?" I asked.

"Yeah, he said I should ask you." 

"Alright then, thanks." I told him. 

"I mean, what Daryl and Ami found isn't screamin' Sophia to me. Anyone could have been holdin' up in that house." Shane said.

"Anybody includes her, right?'' Andrea asked Shane.

"Well, whoever slept in that closet was no bigger than yay high." Daryl put his hand near his elbow telling us that's how small the person would have been.