No, Not A Zombie Virus

Before reading this chapter, I just want to warn you that there are political views that you may not agree with, but these characters feel this way. I am not saying I agree with it, either. And, if anyone is affended by their views, I'm deeply sorry, but I need these characters to think/talk like this. Even though they're fictional characters, they have the right to freedom of speech, too. ;D

___________________________________________________________

*Flashback. Ami's POV*

"Hot and dangerous. If you're one of us, then roll with us. 'Cause we make the hipsters fall in love. And we got our hot pants on enough.." Cassie and I sang 'We R Who We R' by Kesha as I drove to Applebee's to celebrate me being pregnant. 

I slowly stopped singing when I saw a line of military vehicles on the highway. I wouldn't have thought anything about it, but there were  too many to say the least. 

"What's wrong?'' Cassie turned down the radio. 

"Look," I pointed.

"What about it?" 

"Well, don't you think that's a little weird?" 

"I mean...a little..." With energy back in her voice, she said, "But, don't think bad right now! You got a baby in there!" She poked my stomach.

I smiled at how weird she was. "Alright, fine." 

I turned the radio back up, but the thought of the military vehicles still roamed in my head. 

"A mystery cases in the hospital. Doctors say they have no clue what the new virus is. They are advising people to stay inside until further notice. Stay healthy." The radio started playing some gay song, so I turned it off. 

"Maybe we should eat at your house tonight.." 

"Don't worry, Cassie." 

"Did you hear them? The doctors want us inside, not outside with all these germs." Cassie put her shirt over her mouth and nose to keep germs out, I guess.

I smiled again. "Fine.." I made a 'U' turn. I was just happy spending time with Cassie. We don't get to see each other a lot since we don't live together anymore.

"Oh, my God, what if those military people were here because of that new disease thingy?"

"Oooo..What if it's a zombie virus..?" I looked at her, being sarcastic. 

"Don't fucking say that. What if it is? You don't know. That's probably why the military's here." 

"Nah.. If it really was a zombie virus, the military would be more discreet about being noticed 'cause they wouldn't want to cause a panic.." 

"I hope you're right.. I don't want my fucking brains getting eattin' out by a smelly ass person.." Cassie put her shirt down. 

"I wonder what they're doing here, though." 

"Trying to stop the zombie apocalypse!" Cassie had a serious face, then she let a smile break through it.

"You're so stupid." With a smile on face, I turned on Blue Collar radio and listened to Larry The Cable Guy and Jeff Foxworthy the whole way back to the house.

*

"I got this!" I tried to say it as George Lopez would. 

"No, I wanna cook for you.." 

"You can't cook worth a damn.. I'm Italian; I got this!" 

"No, I'm not allowing you to." Cassie walked into the kitchen.