The Beginning of the End

• Dedicated to My Lovely Walker Killers!<3

*Flashback. 16 years ago. Ami's POV*

"Do you remember Daryl, Aubrey's boy-toy?" Cassie asked me as I studied for a college test, and she watched TV.

"How can I forget, uhm," I pretended like I forgot his name. "what's his nuts.." I looked up at Cassie.

She smiled. "Daryl, Ami; Daryl." She laughed lightly. "Anyways, he has a brother..his name's Merle...he's older, like, older than thirty, I think." It looked like Cassie was doing math in her head.

"Me likey older guys." I smiled. I don't know what it is about older guys. I guess it's because they're more mature. Since I was nineteen, you could say thirty is too old. I say: I've dated older. "Is he hot?"

"Aubrey said he's okay looking."

"Oh, well, that means he's hot."

Aubrey has always has had high standers for men; too high. That's why I was kind of shocked that she was dating Daryl. Daryl was awkward, but I have to admit he does have something that's  interesting about him.

"I got you a double date with him." She had a devilish smile on her face.

"Does he know what I look like?" I sat my books down on the coffee table, more interested with the conversation.

"Yeah, Aubrey had the picture of all of us at the lake."

The lake house in the Rocky Mountains of eastern Tennessee. My dad built it for the apocalypse. Well, it's not really a lake house. It's more like a survival cabin. But, until the time calls for it, it'll be  the lake house.

"Double date?" I just now started paying more attention to the words that came out of her mouth.

"Yeah; you, Merle, Daryl, and Aubrey."

"Ugh." I groaned. "I don't want to double date with them." I sounded like a child.

"Ami, you're goin' on the double date whether you like it or not...If you don't, then I'll take away all of your..your.." Cassie tried to think of something that was important to me. "your guns and knifes.."

"You wouldn't."

She would. She lives in the house with me, and she is my best friend. So, she knows where almost all my hiding places are for my guns and knifes.

"Why don't you wanna go on a double date with them anyways?"

"Okay, I'ma be real honest with you; I don't like Daryl."

"Why?"

"He's awkard."

"You know, if you're goin' to be a therapist, you're goin' to have to be with some awkward people."

"I know. But, I'm not goin' to be if I don't have to."

"I'll tell you what, I'll go and be the fifth wheel; just for you."

"Awe, you would do that for me, Boobie?"

She smiled. "Just for you."

I stood up and hugged her on the couch, then just collapsed in her lap with my arms still around her. "I wuv you." I told her.

*

"I gotta use the bathroom." Aubrey went into the theater's restroom.

The four of us waited outside of the bathroom. I glanced at Daryl. He didn't even seem like Aubrey's type. He was ruggid, looked like he's had a hard past, and looks like he knows his future ain't goin' to be any better. I mean, he is cute for sure, but he's--I don't know. There's just somethin' about him. I shouldn't be judging him. I don't know what his past was like.