Sick

*Flashback. 25 years ago. Ami's POV.*

"The side effects of radiation poisoning are: throwing up, hair falling out, diarrhea, and you'll feel like you're being cooked from the inside out...because you are." My dad paused. "When it rains after a bomb, also known as nuclear fallout, you have to wash everything that got touched by the rain, and you have to dig 18 inches or so down to plant new crops."

"We learned about this yesterday, dad." I told him.

"And we're going to keep learning about it till you got all this down. Okay?" 

I nodded my head. "Okay.."

"Okay. What's a hydrogen bomb?" My dad asked me to make sure I paid attention yesterday.

"A hydrogen bomb literally explodes air particles." I said, annoyed. 

He sighed. "Fine, what do you want to learn about today?" 

"Anything but this." I paused, trying to think of something. "Oh, what about military used gases...?" 

"Alright," He thought for a second. "Mustard gas..causes a chemical compound that can cause severe irritation, and skin, eye and mussel pain. Plus, it can increase mutation in somebody's DNA, and it can cause cancer. Because people exposed to mustard gas rarely suffer immediate symptoms, and mustard-contaminated areas may appear completely normal, victims can unknowingly receive high dosages. Within 24 hours of exposure to mustard gas, victims experience intense itching and skin irritation, which gradually turns into large blisters filled with yellow fluid wherever the mustard gas contacted the skin, also known as chemical burns. One way to tell if it's there is if you smell mustard..." My dad continued. 

The actual sad part is I found this really interesting. After my mom and him got divorce he got devoted to the end of the world. 

*Present Day. Rick's POV.* 

 "Food's here." T-dog told Carl as Carl opened the door for us into the cells area.

"Whatch'ya got?" Carl held it open for us.

"Canned beef, canned corn, canned canned. There's a lot more where this came from." T-dog said as we carried the food inside.

"Any change?" I asked Lori who was standing outside of Hershal's cell.

"The bleeding's under control and no fever..But his breath is laboured, and his pulse is way down. And he hasn't opened his eyes yet." 

I looked at Hershal laying on the bunk bed then turned around. "Take my cuffs; put 'em on him." I told her to do it because my hands were full of rice bags. "I'm not takin' any chances."

Glenn took them off of me, so I walked away. I gave the bags to T-dog and notice Lori acting like she wanted to talk. 

"So what about those prisoners?" She pulled me to the side. 

"We're going to help them clear out their own cell block. Then, they'll be there, and we'll be here." 

"Livin' beside each other..."

"I'm not givin' up this prison." 

"Do they have guns?" 

"I only saw one." I rubbed my eyes as she sighed. "I don't know if it's going to work."

"Well, what're your options?" 

I thought for a moment. "Kill 'em." 

She nodded her head. "If that's what you think is best." 

"You, see, you say this now..." I put on a fake smile. I was thinking about when she told me to kill Shane because he kept trying to take my place with the baby. But when I finally did; she hated me for awhile.