The Hell To My Heaven

When I heard footsteps, it alerted me that someone was coming. Being in a secure place, I just gripped my knife and turned around. However, that's probably a bad thing because that means I'm getting too comfortable. But, seeing Rick's face, I removed my hand from the knife and continued reading Milton's journal. 

"Have you thought about what I said?" He asked me. 

My heart quenched at the thing that was previously in the back of my head, but now, it has been brought back into the light. I looked at him, wanting to make sure he heard me. "You ruined my life." My voice got quieter. "Every time I kiss Daryl, I can't help thinking about that kiss with you. Daryl is a good man. He is the strongest, bravest, and the most caring man I have ever met. Do you know how it feels to walk around knowing you're lying to a man like that?" 

His eyes began to get weaker. "Daryl is everything that you just said... But, you never answered my question." 

"God damn you," I gave no mercy to his weakening eyes. "I cannot get the feeling of your fucking lips off my fucking lips." My voice was sharp with every word. "I was trying to have the most normal life you can have in a zombie apocalypse, then you had to ruin everything...You need to leave me the fuck alone. I love Daryl, not you." 

Rick nodded his head, making sure he didn't make eye contact with me, then he walked out of the cell. 

 *Flashback. Ami's POV*

"Where do I begin?.. I'm ready now. Let out what's been in.. Running around my head.. What did I do wrong? Tell me it's my fault... You didn't lead me on..." Cassie and I sang 'Fall' by He is We as cleaned the dust out of the cabin. We could've done a few days ago, but we were so tired from the walk here. 

The joyfulness in our voices went away, when we heard ATV's. I grabbed my AK-47 and peaked out the boarded windows. When I saw six men getting off their ATV's and walking toward the cabin, my brain froze. 

"Ami," Cassie made me wake up. 

I grabbed our bag and threw her hers, then we started running to the back door. With my gun raised and my knife in the other hand, I unlocked the door and opened it. Giant arms wrapped around Cassie and me. My knife went through his side. He let out a yell, letting us go. Then, Cassie and I started running again to get away from the men. 

"Not so fast." A gun was in my face. I was cross eyed, staring at the barrel in front of me. Cassie shaking breath made me look up at the man. Then, three more men came over. "Drop your weapons." When I hesitated, he said, "drop them, now." His voice was strong, powerful, and scary, making me drop them.

"Well, damn... We got ourselves some pretty, little things." This man had a thick, country accent.

"Yes, we do, Jim." One of the men's hand brushed Cassie's face. 

"Don't you fucking dare touch her!" As I was about to punch him, another man grabbed my arm. It was Jim. 

"Do we have some lesbian lovers here?" Jim talked to me in a voice that you would use to talk to a child. 

"That sadistic bitch stabbed me!" A man said from behind us. 

"Oh, suck it up!" The man that touched Cassie told him. He said it in a way that makes you think he's been saying that for a long time. 

"Let me stab you, so you can see how it feels." 

"Matt, go clean yourself up." The man with the gun said. 

"What'do'we do with 'em?" A different man asked. 

"I can tell you right now this one's going to be trouble." The leader refereed to me. "Tie them up, make sure hers are especially tight." He put his gun down.