Seed

*Season Three. *

*Ami's POV*

Rick kicked the door into a house. Right off the bat we killed two walkers. Everyone fanned out to look for more walkers in the house. I went up the stairs with my gun ready to fire. There was no one up there. So I went back down stairs and found everyone in the living room. Carl sat two cans of dog food down and started opening it. Rick picked up the can Carl already started to open. He looked at the label and thr it.

"Hey." T-dog pointed outside to the walkers heading toward the house. 

We went out the back door. I got on the back of Daryl's bike, and we left again. About two miles later we stopped. 

"You alright?" Daryl got off the motorcycle.

I looked up at him and hesitated but then said, "Yeah, we're good." 

I told Daryl I thought I was pregnant about two months ago because I hadn't gotten my period. He was so happy I couldn't bare to tell him two days after that I got it. He's tried so hard for me to get pregnant. But I realize he's going to find out sooner or later that I'm not pregnant. I just hope it doesn't break him when he finds out that I'm not. 

I followed Daryl over to the rest of the group that was looking on a map on the hood of Rick's truck. I looked at Lori who was still in the truck. She looked like she was ready to pop. 

"We got no place left to go." T-dog said.

"When this herd meets up with this one we'll be cut off. We'll never make it south." Maggie pointed on the map. 

"This river could of delayed them. We move fast we might have a shot to tear right through there." Hershal pointed too.

"Yeah, but if this group joins with that one; they could spill out this way." T-dog told him.

"So we're blocked." Maggie said.

"The only thing to do is to double back." Rick told us.

"We picked through that already. It's like we spent the winter going in circles." T-dog looked at him.

"Yeah, I know. At Newnen we'll push west. Haven't been through there yet. " Rick paused. "We can't keep going from house to house. We need to find some place to hold up for a few weeks." 

"I'm goin' to the creek. We need to more water. We'll boil it later." T-dog told Rick. 

Maggie and Glen left with T-dog; leaving Daryl, Rick, Hershal, and me together still. Carl and Meg were on watch, and Lori was sitting in the car. 

"She can't take much more of this moving about." Hershal quietly told Rick. He was talking about Lori. 

"What else can we do? Give birth on the run?" Rick said back.

"You see away around that?" Hershal said then walked off. 

Rick's head fell to the ground until Daryl said, "Hey, while the others wash their panies; let's go hunt."

"I'll go, too." I told them.

"Stay here with Lori." Daryl told me.

I looked at him. "I'm coming with you guys." I pulled out my gun.

"You can come." Rick said. 

***

We were following the rail road tracks. I turned my head to the right and saw a prison. It was crawling with walkers. 

"That's a shame." Daryl said looking at the prison too.

Rick stopped, which made all of us stop.