A Love Letter

A/N: Why not a love letter? Not addressed to any gender or person in particular, just an assumed backstory (couple lost touch and now have been reunited). 

I've missed you. It's nice to be in contact with you again, to be able to talk to you with an air of familiarity I got used to before we parted ways. Sometimes it feels like we're miles away. It's nice to see you smile at my expense again. It's nice to see your eyes light up. It's nice to hear your laugh again. It's nice to hear you talk to me again. It's nice to see you steal glances from me. It's nice to hear you tell a joke again and laugh at the terrible ones I make. It's nice to feel your presence again, the welcoming and accepting one I indulge in even when you are absent. You are most definitely a sight for sore eyes. You've changed. Your hair is longer. You've gotten taller. You seem less naive and more well-rounded. But despite your changes, you're still the person I fell in love with four years ago. 

I look back on our friendship with such sentiment, and I suppose that the sentiment is false. It doesn't matter to me anyway, because I remember our history together fondly. I hope you do as well. Our former time together meant the world to me, and I suppose I took those memories for granted. No matter, because you're back in my life (who knows for how long?) and we can make new memories now that we've reunited. I most certainly do hope for the better, and perhaps we can build that future we talked about a couple years ago. I really wouldn't mind a life with you. I think it'd be great, the two of us, living in a domestic environment together. Imagine us, finally living the so-called American dream. That would certainly be something to witness, huh?  

This letter was just a restatement of things you already knew- I'm ecstatic to see you again and I think I'm finally ready to say it. I love you. You don't have to love me back, but now you know what I think on my side. Hopefully we can establish this to one another later. However, I don't wish to pressure you, just make you aware of my current thoughts. 

Sincerely,

The Happiest Person Alive.