Jack and Sally

A/N: This is not what it looks like, and that is all I will say. It may be a little heavy for some, so do proceed with caution if you are sensitive to such. 

Sally's legs could barely support her as she stood at the grand altar of Halloweentown's cathedral, the town's citizens all gazing at her apprehensively. The sets of eyes practically clung onto her as she focused on the groom, whose bony fingers were tangled with her own. Behind her plastered smile, visible to all through a thin white veil, swam many malignant thoughts. Marrying Jack Skeleton was perhaps one of the most terrifying yet exciting things Sally had ever done. 

As the drone of the reverend's voice carried on, Sally's fears grew bigger and bigger. She hung onto every word he had said, dreading how quickly he was speaking. The words that would determine Sally's future were still in debate inside her mind. Denying Jack's long-sought and ever-comforting affections would render her powerless in Halloweentown; being Jack's significant other had granted her a rather high position in the town's social class. She would likely be disowned, possibly even deemed hypocritical (after agreeing publicly to marry Jack and making a show of it). However, if she accepted them, a simple, regrettable gesture (the same simple gesture that made Jack and sally the couple they are today) would bind Sally to a man with an unquenchable thirst for power; although he had all the power Halloweentown was able to offer. One thing Sally knew about this lust for power is that it couldn't be shared. It would swallow Jack whole, if it hadn't already. Her life could possible be filled with misery she couldn't begin to comprehend. Not to mention the citizen's ever-watchful eye, keeping her and Jack under a microscope, analyzing every fact and detail of Jack and Sally's married life. These facts, one widespread across the town, could be warped and placed in any context they liked. Sally's freedom would be stolen from her and only despondence would fill the chasm where it once was. 

Finally, the time came. Sally could barely breathe as Jack (his voice filled with insincere sentiment) made his decision to be married to her until death parted them- which was odd, because he was already dead- and held her hands even tighter. Sally's smile devolved into a frown as the reverend urged her to make her decision. A cold vacuum filled her as she made her decision. It was the predictable decision, the one that Halloweentown practically begged her to make. She had chosen to marry Jack Skellington. And she was in no way happy about it.