Giant Panda

I wrote a story about a panda. TW: Mentions of death. 

The rain and sun were a nice contrast as the panda lingered in the bamboo forest. He had been roaming around under a cloudy sky for the longest time, and frankly felt overwhelmingly bored by it. The sun brought his senses to life as he proceeded to gnaw on a thick stick of bamboo, enjoying his surroundings.

This panda had been running for a long time. He was scared from his previous location by hunters who desired to make decoration of his fur. It sickened him at the thought, to think that a panda could bring pleasure to a human being in death, when the panda died in vain. Humans were selfish, this the panda knew well. He had learned this principle from both second-handed information and his own experiences with humans had been less than favorable. He thought he could seek safety in the rainy bamboo forest. He turned out to be wrong, because an unmistakable bipedal creature came toward him, a sound coming out of his mouth that summoned more humans. The sound was so incredibly articulate and precise compared to the low guttural sound a panda was capable of making. He felt inferior to these beings.

The panda quickly ran from the humans, hoping to stay out of sight. However, the human's eyes pried into the thickness of the bamboo forest and he was discovered. The panda did admit that he was not the most graceful nor inconspicuous creature in the world. His distinct black and white fur made him rather obvious compared to a bamboo forest that was nothing but greenery. However, this evolutionary fault didn't hinder his actions as he sprinted faster into the forest and thus sought refuge from the humans. It wasn't long until they managed to come around to the other side of his seemingly endless forest and discovered him once again. He felt trapped, scared and alone, despite having other pandas not too far from him. His safe haven had been desecrated by them. He had never felt so exposed in his life. He felt shameful.

The panda, ashamed and feeling despondent, crawled further into the bamboo forest, hoping to not only disappear, but seek refuge from his own troubles. Obviously the humans were not going to stop marvelling at his black and white appearance, or his uncanny need to eat bamboo constantly. He was just going to have to accept what was, what is, and move on.