Drowsy

A/N: Art is credited to Demona Silverwing.

The Sibling Bros was definitely not a favorite series of Mabel's. Ford knew this well, his evidence being that she was tucked under his arm, sleeping. Her head was pressed into his face, forcing Ford to inhale the chemical soap she washed her hair with. She dozed off maybe three hours ago, possibly two. Ford couldn't remember the exact number. His bleary eyes scanned the pages, his mind racing to catch up with and comprehend the plot. He knew it was impossible, but continued to have the book open.

It wasn't long until Mabel fell deep asleep and began fidgeting and (rather annoyingly to Ford) snoring. Ford felt a small smile tug at the corners of his lips, the soft hair scratching his face. Eventually, the book was no longer being paid any mind, but his six fingered hand continued to hold it open at the spine. The other kept a steady grip on Mabel to make sure she didn't fall whilst asleep.

He felt his heartbeat in time with Mabel's; a relaxed, slow-paced, thud. Their breathing patterns were inverse to each other; Ford breathed in when Mabel breathed out and vice versa. He felt his head getting heavier and heavier as he was pulled into the lure of sleep. His head pressed against Mabel's to the point that it was uncomfortable. Ford eventually dropped the book to the floor. Mabel didn't stir. Ford tightened his grip on his niece before finally drifting off to sleep, her hair in his face.