my dads an assasin, gee, you picked a great job dad! 47

Thankfully I hadn't said that aloud.

Sadly, Ani's family invited us over for dinner.

We went.

Lucky dad, he only had to show up in a suit. I had to go and find a dress.

I found a dress and straightened my hair-curling irons and my hair are oil and fire. it never ends well when they mix-and then put on a little makeup, just a little powder so that my tone would look even and then did up my eyebrows. I glared at myself in the mirror. I was having the war all girls had while looking in the mirror. Do I put on more makeup or do I go with less is more?

I slipped the knife and gun into the hidden parts of my dress-i'd made them myself-hey, that sewing class had come in handy. Who knew?

After that I gave myself one last look in the mirror and then left. First appearences were very important.

Dad was glaring at his tie. With one final jerk it straightened. WIth that he was ready.

We left the house. The sound of my heels tapping the ground concealed his already silent footfalls.

Her parents smiled as they greeted us. They didn't inquire about my mother. It was a known fact that some marriges beetween assassins ended in divorce-like all other marriges.

We walked into thier house. It was big and well furnished. Someone obviously knew how to decorate. The walls were painted a deep red, almost like blood, the floor was dark tiles with white swirls on them.  Sofa's were pushed up aganst the walls. The hallway lead to the kitchen. I heard barking and then a big fluffy dog showed up and jumped on me. I laughed as it licked me.

"who's a good boy?" It rolled over and exposed it belly. I rubbed the soft fur there while his tail went berserk.

"He likes you." Ani said.

I got up.

The dog sat next to me.

They showed us to the kitchen and we started eating. The food was kebabs dipped in some kind of sauce that was sweet, yet spicey. I checked for poison when they weren't looking.

"You have a sneaky child." Ani's parents said.

Dad just looked over at me, then he kicked me from under the table when he found out what i'd done.

"Why the hell are you checking for poison?" he hissed in Korean.

"you said check the stuff people give you for posion before you eat it!" i whisper-yelled at him in German.

"We'll talk about this later." He said in Chinese.

"Kids." Ani's parents said in English.

"So you yell at us for not checking it for posion, and then you yell at us when you check for poison?" Ani stated my thoughts.

"You supposed to check witout getting caught." Her parents said.

"Okay well, since my foods not poisoned, I can eat in peace." I took a bite of the kebab. "I think i'll come over more. Its not burned through all the way. Dad, find a way to get the recipie."

"Why me?" Dad demanded.

"Because i'm going to get caught when I try and steal it." I stated the fact.

Everyone laughed at that.

 "You shouldn't steal from an actual Assassin." Dad said. I caught the hidden message. We both knew I wasn't good enough to pull that off.

"Hey, i've had to live with your cooking. I'm desperate."

Everyone laughed at that.

Ani's mom smiled and wrote the recipie in her mash potatoes.

I memorized it and continued eating.

We smiled at each other. My dad and her husband gave us weird looks.

(sorry its short, i'm out of ideas)