I Could Have Danced All Night

Aisha’s POV

 “5 minutes,” That sounds freakily familiar, I think as the techy guy rushes past Matt and I.

 We stand at the edge of a different stage right before a completely different performance but the nerves were similar, only slightly lessened due to the fact that I had Matt with me.

 We wait the next five minutes in a comfortable silence, both two excited to speak, before I squeeze Matt’s hand tightly and twirl on stage to the start of Viva La Vida.

 Matt joins me, one hand on my waist, the other in cannon following my movements. I feel the rush and adrenaline that I only get when dancing on a stage as we run through our choreography.

 Loving every minute of it, my body flows gracefully over the stage, letting my emotions go with the song, forgetting the room, the judges, Matt, everything. Finishing curled up with Matt’s body curled around mine; I close my eyes, falling through dimensions back to reality. I could have danced all night.

 We stand and take a bow, hands joined, smiling. We wait till the applause ends before talking to the presenters for a moment (Oh yeah, did I mention this whole thing is televised???). The main comment we got from all the judges after the performance was that we have amazing chemistry, which is something which made me happy as we were partners, we needed it. Not so fun was when people asked if we were together, when, quite obviously we’re not, I thought I made that clear enough when I announced my relationship with Darren a few months ago.

 Either way, the performance side of things were amazing over the next few weeks.

 A particularly interesting performance to do was one where Matt and I danced on separate sides of the stage in sync for parts and cannon for others. We changed levels, switched steps and met once in the very middle of the performance where we did a lift and a spin before twirling out to our separate sides, switching sides as we did.

 It was an intense performance, we were fighting for our place in the final, but it was enjoyable to choreograph and rehearse.

 Using the practice rooms provided by the organisers is always a chore, but we sometimes had no other choice as all the rooms in the studio were being used for classes, so we spent a fair amount of time there, meaning there was some blooper footage that they played before our performance.

 Anyways, Darren took me home and I just got him to come in with me, not wanting to spend the night alone. This was routine though. Whether it was his apartment or ours, we almost always spent the night together now.

 However, this night there was passion in Darren’s eyes, we barely got into my room before he pressed his lips to mine, gently but with a certain hunger. We fall onto the bed, tangled together.

 <><><><><><><><><><><>

 It’s not that I don’t want to write it…it’s just that there are many reasons why I shouldn’t, which I’m sure you don’t want to know but I’m going to tell you anyway so yeah…:

1)      I’ve kind of made this story pretty PG, so I don’t feel like I should.

2)      My parents are in the room which makes it extremely awkward.

3)      I am too tired to write it nicely.

4)   Stuff

5)   If someone wants to write it for me, I welcome their ideas, it probably means I don’t have the effort to find the right place if I don't put it in, but I  will put it in eventually because you guys are awesome. But yeah people, you can write that scene for me if that’s your kind of thing :D