You're All I need To Get By

(February 11th[change of plan, middle of February :D])

Aisha’s POV

As I run out of the apartment block, late, I’m not really watching where I’m going. I shout a quick bye to Annie as I leave, as she was still asleep. Grabbing the keys to my car, I race downstairs to the lobby and outside, running slap bang into a tall, hard chest.

 “Hey there, someone’s in a rush!” I look up, rushing through a quick apology, only to find myself looking up at Matt.

 “Oh, hey! What are you doing here?” I ask, smiling at him.

  “I was coming to see you, so I guess I’m lucky to bump into you here.” He replies.

 “Oh, what do you want me for?” I ask.

 “I just wanted to know how you are, how you’re holding up with everything and stuff…” He trails off at the end, making me know that he is keeping something from me.

 “I’m good, better now that Darren’s out and about. He’s been practising walking and he’s doing great, I’m doing well. Thank you for asking! Walk with me.” I smile, welcoming the concern. I lead him towards my car, thinking he might as well come with me to the door of the set if he needs to talk to me.

 “Good, that’s good. I’m proud of you baby sister.”

 “What have you done?” I ask. I know Matt. He only calls me baby sister if he wants to make me feel particularly small. It’s his tactic to make me feel less daunting to him when he tells me that he’s done something wrong.

 “I…I…sometimes I really hate that you know me so well!”

 “Matt…” Worried that he wasn’t confessing what he’s done.

 “Don’t kill me for this, but…well; you know how I had all of those applications for dance competitions lying around the apartment, from before the plans for the school were finalised?”

 “Yeah…I thought you got rid of those…”

 “I’d been meaning to for ages, but never got round to it. Anyway, I had the guys over the other day, and one of them got really drunk, and…well…he kind of…well…”

 “Matt. Spit it out.”

 “Heputournamesdownforoneofthemandwegotaccepted.”

 “In English,” I say.

“He put our names down for one of them and we got accepted.”

 “You have got to be kidding me.”

 “Sorry…” He pulls a scared face and I role my eyes at him, finding it hilarious that he finds me scary.

 “Which one?” I ask.

 “It’s only a small, four week one and we would only perform on the weekends, and it would be great promotion for the school and come on Aisha! Please! I’m actually begging you, please do this for me!”

 “Maaatt, I don’t know…I guess…fine. I’ll do it.” I say, knowing I’ll regret my decision, but un-able to decline Matt.

 “Seriously? You’ll do it? Oh, you’re the best!”

  We sit in silence for a while, until I drive into the car park and get out where Matt hugs me tightly and I hug him back for a moment before pushing him of, remembering that I’m still late for Glee.

 “I’ll talk to you later, okay?”

 “Yep, see you soon,” Matt replies before rushing off.