Isn't She Lovely

Darren’s POV

 I fall into bed after putting my phone away with a big smile on my face. I had been getting tweets all day from fans and most of them were positive.

  However I kept on getting the occasional mean one and that’s why I didn’t show Aisha as I didn’t want to upset her.

 They couldn’t even see her fully in the photo so I don’t get why they manage to judge her so quickly.

 I learnt how to stop my phone buzzing every time I got a tweet a few years back, when Starkid went big. So I put that function on quickly after I saw the pic, thinking of how much it will annoy me otherwise.

  I guess I’ll have to teach Aisha as well, considering the uproar of the fandom after she introduces herself on Thursday.

 I sigh slightly, excited but weary about what’s going to happen.

 All of a sudden, my phone goes off and I squint against the bright light. I reach for it, my eyes half closed and see that I have a new text from Aisha. All it said was:

  Aisha: Keyboard! :D xxx

 Darren: ….? xxx

 Aisha: The first instrument I learnt to play! Keyboard! :D xxx

 Darren: And you decide to tell me this now because…? :D  xxx

 Aisha: I told you I would text you in the middle of the night! xxx

 Darren: Night night, Aisha! :D xxx

 I put my phone off and fall back into bed, laughing slightly to myself.

 I fall asleep with a smile on my face.

Aisha’s POV

 As I make myself a cup of coffee the next morning, my phone starts ringing. I don’t check before I answer it, thinking it was Darren.

 “Hey, Da-“

 “Aisha! I need you at the studio ASAP! It’s an emergency!”

 “Why? What’s happened?” I ask Matt, alarmed.

 “Aria’s injured, you’re going to have to step in for her.”

 Aria is a Bharat Natyam dancer that I’ve known most of my life. She is AMAZING at what she does and is, therefore, supposed to be dancing for Matt’s opening night.

 She can’t dance if she’s injured and I choreographed part of her performance. I’m the only other Bharat Natyam dancer he knows. I’m going to have to step in for her.

 “How bad is the injury?” I ask.

 “If I tell you she’s on crutches, is that enough information?”

 “Right, I’m on my way,” I get up and pour my coffee into a flask, grab my car keys and am almost out the door when I realise I had Glee. I stop and turn around, walking into Annie’s room.

 “Annie!” I scream, pulling her sheets off her to get her up.

 “What?!?! What’s happened?”

 “Aria’s injured. I have to step in for her if we want to save Matt’s show.”

 “Is she okay?”

 “Matt just said she’s on crutches,” I reply.

 “So, you have to step in for her.” She concludes.

 “Yeah, I know, but Matt wants me at the studio now, but I have Glee.”

 “Can you find out how early you can get out of Glee?”