Chapter Thirty One - Kiss Me

Tobias

"Tris!" I shout. Her head whips around to face me, her eyes alert. I'm standing on the balcony with phone in my hand. The message written across the screen is making my palms clammy and my heart beat quickly.

"What is it?" She asks nervously. I usher her over and she walks speedily to me. Her hips sway rhythmically and her hair's out of her usual, sleek, ponytail and is now resting neatly on her shoulders.

She comes to my side and peers to look at the phone. Tris gasps and stumbles backwards a few steps.

'Hungry in the dark.'

Is written on my screen. The text is from an unknown number but I've got my suspicions of who might've sent this. The bright screen is making my eyes sting and my head ache.

Tris is looking at me with a guilty expression washed all over her face. I raise my eyebrow at her. "What?" I ask. She walks over to the couch and sits down, still wide eyed. She seems stiff and in shock.

"I've got to tell you something." She says, avoiding my eyes. I take a seat next to her and place my hand on her shoulder.

"It's about the Elite Squad." She begins.

+++

Tris

I've told him everything from the part about Christina to the part about Mathew and David and Peter and how there are more of them and most importantly, how he must not tell anyone about this.

It's hard to find the words to explain how I imagine he's feeling at the moment.

He's sitting beside me with shock, fear and possibly excitment. His eyes are swimming with fear but his mouth is curled up at the corners. It's a small, very small smile, but a smile it is still.

Then without a warning he connects his lips with mine. The warm feeling begins to rise in my chest as our lips move in perfect, harmonised sync.

His hand is behind my head holding me and my hands are roaming freely. All over his chest, his back, his arms, his face.

Love does something strange to me. It makes me lose my train of thought. Love makes me crave him, it's a need, a desire that can only be fulfilled with more contact.

Love makes me feel warm and at home. Love is safety, without love you feel emptiness, like there's someone that should be there but isn't.

"Have I ever-" kiss. "Told you how much-" kiss on my neck. "I'm in love with you?"

He says the last words with his lips pressed against my collar bone and a small smirk on his face.

"I love you." I say even though he already knows it. I always feel the need to tell him. I love how the words spill out of my mouth and how happy I feel when they're out there for him to hear.

Words are powerful but nothing beats touch.

"To the bedroom?" He asks me with a cheeky grin on his face. He's being so cheesy all of a sudden.

I take a deep breath. You can do this Tris. You trust him and he trusts you. This is nothing like it was with... him.

"Please be gentle." I whisper. He looks at me with a thing that's close to sympathy but is over powered by the look of love.

"Of course." He says. "I love you Tris"

With that he picks me up bridal style and walks silently into the bedroom.