Chapter Twenty Five - Surgeon Ellison

Surgeon Ellison

I have to talk to Tris about this. Quickly, I pull off my gloves and rush out of the room.

Tris is sitting in the waiting room with two security guards next to her, not an uncommon sight to see. She is Dauntless after all. I've always had a certain admiration for those in Dauntless. It must've been tough knowing death is just around the corner and how being Factionless was never an option. If only they knew.

"Tris Eaton?" I say loudly. She looks up from her shoes and meets my eyes. I walk towards her because I don't think she has enough energy to walk to me. I'm really not looking forward to this.

"Tobias' wound got infected and we had to operate on him immediately as you know." She nods. "He lost a lot of blood and slipped into a coma once the operation was over. I'm sorry Tris, but he only has a 10% chance of living."

She takes a deep breath, closes her eyes and a small tear falls onto her cheek. When she opens her eyes again they're bloodshot.

"Could I please see him?" Her voice quivers as she says this. I have to wipe away a tear that slipped from my eye.

"Of course dear." She thanks me and enters the room. The odds really aren't in his favour at the moment. He needs a miracle to survive, I know Caleb Prior's invented a Revival Serum but sadly, even that has side effects. Increased stress and anxiety, fatigue and a weak immune system. All things Tris has.

I really am doubting if he'll live. He needs blood and lots of it.

Just a quick chapter. 19 days till Allegiant the movie!!! Who else is freaking out? I am! ERRRMAHGEEERD