Chapter Six - Revival Serum

Tris

I feel no pain

I see no light

I hear but barley

My heart is still and silent

Yet I am not dead.

"Here she is boss." Says the man that I have yet to name.

"Sweet, put her there." Put her there? Are you serious? I feel a cold, metal surface slid under me. I would've shivered but...

"You can go now." Caleb says monotonously. I hear loud footsteps get quieter and quieter as the man walks away.

"Oh God, Tris." I hear pieces of paper scatter across the floor. "Why did you do this. For once in your god damn life you could've been just the tiniest bit selfish."

"Four, he's distraught. He's actually attending your funeral at the moment."

"I had to create, an almost exact copy of you and turn that into a wax figure and have it buried in the coffin. I did that because I need to study you and test this new serum I've been working on." I hear him rustling different objects beside me. Probably science-y stuff.

"Aaah! Here it is." I don't feel the needle prick me, instead I feel the fluid rush through my body.

"Let's hope this works."

+++

I'm still laying here, just as dead as I was before. Caleb keeps on checking for a pulse but there hasn't been one for a good couple of months.

"Not this time huh." There's a long pause.

"I'll keep working." He lifts me up and place me in a very cold chamber.

"Just preserving you Beatrice. Don't want you to rot on me now."