Chapter Thirty Three - Bomb

Sorry about the really shit chapter that I posted, chapter 33, it was really cheesy and gross and I kinda hate it, so hopefully this one will be just the tiniest bit better.

Tobias

I can't explain to her how I know, I just do. Can she not just trust me on this one thing? Trust is something we, in our relationship, have never been very good at but I was just hoping that maybe this one time she'd trust me on this one thing that I'm so convinced is true.

As I slam my draws of clothes shut, thoughts buzz around in my head.

He was hungry in the dark. It's a metaphor. Marcus needed people, soldiers, to help him get out of the dark. He needs soldiers to help him defeat Evelyn and come back into the spotlight. He can't handle not being the centre of attention, he loves the fame that comes with being the leader.

So what's he going to do to get back into the spotlight again? Create a group of ruthless, cold-blooded humans to kill and hurt anyone that comes in his way. It makes so much sense.

I pack all my things into one small suitcase, folding and packing, folding and packing. Guilt finds its way to sneak back to me. Tris. I need to apologise for my behaviour. I was rude and being a bit of a dick.

As I stand up a wave of dizziness and nausea hits me like a brick. There's a sharp, almost piecing pain in the back of my head. As my hand feels around for the pressure point it runs over a small bump in my head. My stomach lurches and my heart skips a beat.

My fingers keep running over the small bump in my head. It's such a small bump that it couldn't possibly have been me bumping into something. Gently, I press down on the bump. Something clicks, not a thought or an idea, a literal click. It sounded like a pen clicking into place.

Now a faint beeping. That familiar beep that I've heard so often, mainly when fighting in the war. The beeping that I heard just before the wall blew up behind Uriah. The beeping of a bomb.

There's a bomb inside my head?!

"Tris!" I shout. I hear rustling and the soft but rushed footsteps that could only belong to Tris. She bursts into the room with a look of panic on her face. My hand is still on my head just above the small bomb.

I look up at her with scared eyes.

"I don't know how to tell you this nicely so I'll just come out and say it." I say quietly. "I think there's a bomb inside my head."

She comes and sits down next to me.

"What do you mean? There can't be a bomb in your head." She says. Again not trusting me, telling me I'm wrong.

"Then how do you explain the constant beeping in my head Tris?!" I snap. She flinches at me again, raising my voice.

"I'm sorry Tobias." She whispers. "Let's get you to the infirmary."

+++

Tris

"I need a doctor or a nurse or a surgeon, just, I need someone to help." I tell the receptionist.

"I understand that Miss, but I need to know what's wrong with your husband." My heart flutters at the word husband. In the corner of my eye I see Tobias look at me quickly with a smirk plastered on his face. He's still got enough nerve to tease me about telling them that I'm Mrs Eaton, even when he's got a goddamn bomb inside his head.

"He says he's got a bomb in his head." I whisper so that no one else can hear. She gasps and types frantically on her keyboard.

"No, no, no, no, no, no." She keeps repeating. "This can't be real. He didn't say it was happening today!" She says this with panic laced into her tone. She's whispering to make sure the others in the ward don't panic except me of course.

"What do you mean it wasn't supposed to happen today?!" I shout. She jumps at my loud voice.

"We got a threat a couple days ago, from the Elite Squad saying that in the next week they're going to put on an, and I quote, 'explosive show'."

I takes all of my maturity not to laugh.

"Are you serious? That was their threat?" She just nods and focuses on her computer.

"Okay we've got out best doctors and surgeons on the way." She says to both Tobias and I. She then turns to face Tobias. "Don't worry, you're in good hands."

A/N

I've got a question for you guys.

How old do you think I am based on my writing?

Leave your answers in the comments and I might just tell you how old I am in the next chapter.