Chapter Nine - Pills, Potions and Serums

Tobias

Christina and I walk through the Headquarters in silence. The only thing breaking the tension is the loud thumping of our combat boots against the tiles. I can't stop thinking about Tris' body in that casket. She looked so different, her features were the same but the way her skin shone in the sun was almost unnatural. Her hair felt like straw, it looked the same but felt so different. And her lips, her lips. It made no sense, I felt like I was kissing a mannequin, he lips didn't move, not in the slightest. They just stayed there. I don't understand they didn't feel like that before.

All of a sudden Christina grabs my arm and turns me in the direction of a strong yet thin looking man, he looks so much like Will it's scary. I gasp slightly. Half because of the fright I got when Christina grabbed my arm and half because I see a man that looks exactly like Will standing in front of me.

"Will..." She whispers, not believing what she's seeing. Christina lets go of my arm and runs up to Will. She jumps up and wraps her legs around his waist and embraces him. Will just stands there, shocked. After a few seconds of standing still he wraps her arms around her. Pain, in my chest. Tears threaten to spill out of my eyes so I look away. No, no no no no no. How am I seeing this right now. Will was dead and now he's not. Tris herself admitted to killing him. Maybe involuntarily but she did.

I think I'm going crazy. This isn't real. I decide to leave Christina and the thing that looks like Will alone and take a visit to Caleb's lab. Maybe he knows what's going on. Maybe he'll tell me if I'm going crazy or not and maybe I'll confront him about not going to his sister funeral as well. Yeah. That sounds like I good idea. Ask him why he didn't got to his sister's funeral first and then ask about Will.

I knock on the lab door.

"Caleb, it's Four." I say loudly. I hear a rustling sound inside and a female voice shout.

"FOUR!" I jump a little at the sudden loud noise. I hear quiet murmurs from the room. That sounded so much like Tris it's not funny. I don't care if he didn't give me permission to come in, I'm doing it anyway. Quickly, I turn the doorknob and storm into the lab. All I see is Caleb sitting at his computer as usual. I'm confused.

"Who was that?!" I shout. He jumps a little and turns around in his spin-y office chair. He looks just as confused as I am.

"What?" He asks.

"I heard a voice scream, who was it." I ask firmly. He looks genuinely confused.

"I don't know what you're talking about Four." Caleb says. "Are you alright?"

I guess I am going crazy.

"Yeah I'm fine." I sigh. I take a seat next to him and pinch the bridge of my nose. I've got a really bad headache. Maybe I was just imagining it, the voice. I probably just imagined Will too. I close my eyes and unexpected tears run down my cheeks. Crap. Don't cry, not here, not now. Quickly, I wipe the tears away and look at Caleb. He's looking at me like I'm a kicked puppy. I sigh again.

"Don't look at me like that." I declare. He listens and his face is normal again.

"How are you? Has it gotten any easier?" He asks.

"I'm fine. And no, it hasn't. It's hard, it's always hard and it never gets easier, it just gets more manageable." I say. He just nods again.

"What are you doing here anyway?" He asks.

"I was wondering why you didn't attend Tris' funeral today." His eyes widen. And he stumbles for words.

"I couldn't. I was too caught up in work." He says quietly.

"Was it that important that you had to miss your own sister's funeral?!" I ask.

"Actually, yes. Yes it was." He says boldly.

"Whatever." I say. "I saw Will before. It was really weird, i think I'm going crazy but if I'm not mistaken I thought he died in the war." Caleb sighs and closes his eyes.

"I've been trying to keep this a secret for as long as possible but since you've already seen Will, you might as well see Tris too." Caleb says. I raise my eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" I ask sceptically. He walks over to a glass door and opens it.

"He's gone now Tris, you can come out." Caleb says. A very unhappy girl walks out of the room.

"I don't understand why you won't let me see him." Tris looks around the room until she see's me. Her eyes widen and her jaw drops to the floor. Just like her pants will when she gets ho- Four, stop. She runs up to me and hugs me.

"Four." She whispers. I hug her back. The tears are running freely now and I don't bother to wipe them away.

"How are you alive?" I ask. "I just went to your funeral, I saw your body in the casket." I rant. Tris turns to look at Caleb.

"Someone please explain to me what's going on here." I say.

And they do, they explain everything.

"I tested the serum on Will first, it worked instantly on him. He's been staying with Matthew for the last couple of months. But I guess he'll be staying with Christina from now on. It took Tris a little longer because she wouldn't believe in the serum." Caleb explains.

"But today, we got it to work." Tris says.

"So you've only been alive for a day." I say.

"Yeah, something like that." Caleb says. "You can take her back to your apartment just don't let any of her friends see her yet, they can see her tomorrow." I grab Tris' hand and begin lead her away to the apartment.

"Wait!" Says Caleb. "She needs to take this pill every night andthis serum she needs to drink before very meal okay." We both nod as he gives it to us.

+++

I lock the door behind her and pin her to the wall. She gasps. I take her position as an advantage and kiss her while her lips are parted. She kisses me back and I smile into the kiss. I slip my tongue into her mouth and pick her up. She wraps her legs around my waist as I place my hands under her butt to support her. I walk over to the bed and place her gently on it. I remember the last time we did this, before she left. I hover over her and start to kiss down her neck. A small moan escapes her lips.

"Don't hold back Tris." I say.

You guys should also go follow T_XO_20ooks out, one is a Hunger Games and Divergent mashup, and the other is an alternative ending to Allegiant, what if Tobias died instead? Go check her out, her books are very well written and both of them are in my library. T_XO_20! Off you go, check her out!!!