Chapter Eleven - Swimming Pool

Tris

I run down the clinically white corridors, towards Caleb's apartment, instead of his office, keeping an out eye for Peter. As I arrive at Caleb's apartment I hear a few rustles and moans coming from inside. Umm. Well, this is awkward. Do I just stand here or go in? I consider my options. I could go in there and walk in on something that should never be walked in on or I could go home. I think it's best if I go back to Tobias, I don't want to walk into whatever is going on in there. I sprint back to our apartment and lock the door behind me. Tobias is sitting on the couch with his feet kicked up on the table and he's got two hot coffee's with him. One he's sipping and the other on the table. He notices me looking at the hot mug of coffee like its my prey and leans forward and hands it to me. I smile gratefully at him he just nods his head in return.

" You're back early." He says sarcastically. I take a sip of my coffee.

"Yeah, I think Caleb brought a girl home, cause I heard some things that his little sister never wants to hear coming from his apartment." I say shivering slightly, not because of the cold, although it's like -10 degrees outside, (Celsius, I don't know Fahrenheit.) but because my description of what I heard was so accurate I imagined what's going on in Caleb's apartment right now. Tobias chuckles.

"Well, it's a good thing Caleb didn't have a sudden urge to see his little sister last night." He says cheekily. I gasp in fake shock and punch his arm playfully. He just chuckles at my acting skills and continues sipping his coffee.

He turns on the television and wraps his strong arms around my frail body. I'm so glad I'm back.

+++

I glance at my phone, it's 10:30a.m. Tobias and I have been watching the television for four hours straight. (No pun intended) We watched things like a new Erudite program, Shark Tank and a great new drama the Dauntless back home have been filming, Pretty Little Liars. I never knew the Dauntless were so good at acting, well I presume they're Dauntless actors.

"What do you want to do today?" I ask Tobias. He turns his head to mine and kisses me with so much passion it take me by surprise. He rolls in a tongue kiss and touches me where my heart is. He knows this makes me feel weak at the knees. His body is saying everything, I don't have to read his mind.

"Tobias," I say through the kiss. He hums in acknowledgement. "We did this last night." I say. He stops abruptly.

"So?" He says. I sigh.

" I want to do something else." I say. "Like go to that new pool they just opened." He sighs quietly.

"Fine." He says.

"Yes!" I exclaim excitedly. I notice him wearing a frown on his face. "I love you." This statement puts a smile in place of his frown.

"I love you too."

+++

"Ew. Why does it smell so strongly of chemicals in here?" I say. Tobias just shrugs. I watch his shoulders go up and then down and his muscles contract. He's wearing nothing but board shorts and I'm wearing a blue and white stripy bikini that we picked up on the way here.

"Are you sure it's safe." I ask for the one hundredth time since we got here.

"Yes, Tris. And by the way, this wasn't my idea so if we die today it's your fault." I wince at the mention of 'die'. Death is still a touchy subject around me, I mean I've only been alive for two days. I start to shiver a little. I know I can swim and I know Tobias can swim but what if something goes wrong. Like, what if my bikini top comes undone and I flash the hundreds of people here or what if my body's forgotten how to swim and I just sink to the bottom? Goosebumps run up and down my legs. I'm really over thinking this. Just woman up and get in.

I take a deep breath and walk over to the pool.

3

2

1

I dive in. I certainly felt graceful doing it but Tobias laughing at me suggests not. He continues laughing for a good five minutes until I send him an icy cold glare. Instantly, the smile on his face disappears. That shut him up pretty quick.

Tobias dives in and honestly, his dive looked like how a dive should look, unlike mine. I most likely looked like a dying humpback whale with rabies when I dived in.

We swam a couple lengths and then got out. It was pretty boring. We wanted to go on these things called hydro-slides but it's not open. We get changed and leave. We both smell like chlorine but we'll have a shower when we get back.

+++

After having a shower and changing into some black jeans, black combat boots and a grey top with 'One Direction' written on it which, I don't understand, I make my way to Caleb's apartment. I knock a couple times and wait. After a few seconds I'm greeted with a very familiar looking girl. Cara? She stands there with her mouth agape and her eyes wide. I pull her in for a hug.

"Tris." She says. "Caleb told me that you were alive, I just didn't believe him."
I chuckle lightly.

"Well maybe you should've believed him." I say kindheartedly. She nods and steps to the side of the door, making room for me to come in. I see Caleb on the couch typing on his laptop.

"Who was it?" He asks.

"Me." I say. Caleb looks up from his computer and looks at me.

"Ahh, Tris. What do you need?" He asks.

"How do you know I need something, I might just want to catch up with my big brother." I say. He laughs,

"You and I both know you're not hear to catch up."

"Well, I need some truth serum. Do you think you could whip some up for me?" I ask.

" What do you need it for?" He asks skeptically.

I explain my plan to him.

+++

"So long story short, we'll inject him with Truth Serum and ask him a few questions Simple as that." I say.
Caleb nods in approval.

"Yeah, I think I can get some."

"Cool. Tell me when it's ready." I get up, give him and Cara a hug then leave.

A/N

I'm so sorry guys! I haven't updated in so long. I've just been writing some pre-writes and stuff so yeah! Hope you liked this chapter. I thought I'd mix it up a bit and take them to the pool. Anyways.

Vote

Comment

Share

And as always

Be brave.