The Truth Always Comes Out

Ari's P.O.V.

This was the best vacation I had ever been on. I was seriously living the 90210 life. Surrounded by an amazing family, connected by the hip to a great friend, and infatuated with a new boy. 

"What happened between you and Dexter?" I had asked Sienna the night that I had met him.

"Nothing, we're friends," said Sienna, but I knew she was lying.

"Maybe you are now, but you weren't before," I said knowingly.

She sighed.

"Do you remember that night, when I woke up from that nightmare?" asked Sienna.

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"The nightmare is something that really happened to me. I was at a party the summer before my junior year. I was in one of the rooms, with this senior named Tom. We weren't dating, just messing around. But, he wanted to take things to the next level, and I said no. He kept insisting, and when I tried to leave, he wouldn't let me go. That was my weakest moment, the most scared I've ever been in my life. After that night, I promised myself that I would never let myself feel so helpless ever again. Anyways, Dexter had walked by the room, and fortunately for me, heard our quarrel. So he pretty much busted in there, kicked Tom's ass, and saved me. We started dating a little while after that, and no matter how good he was to me, I just never felt the same way. I loved him, but I wasn't in love with him. That's when I realized that I liked girls," said Sienna, taking a breath.

"Wow, I'm so sorry you had to go through that," I said, feeling bad that I made her recall such a horrible memory.

"You're the first person I've ever told about that night. It feels like a rock has been lifted off my shoulders," said Sienna with relief in her voice.

"Well, I'm glad we can talk about anything," I said with a smile.

Dexter hung out with us for the rest of the week, since him and Sienna hadn't spoken in over a year. I made sure that I allowed them to have their own time so they could get back to where they used to be, but I also made sure I had some of my own Dexter time. I couldn't help but want to be around him, he intrigued me. He was so different from Jake, but possessed some of the same qualities that I liked. I could listen to his voice for hours while he spoke about his travels in Europe. 

I kept trying to tell myself that it was a bad idea to hang around him too much, to get attached. I kept trying to tell myself that I came here to get away from a guy, not find one. But I couldn't help it, the heart wants what the heart wants. And while I can't say I was in love with Dexter, I most definitely had a crush on him. 

It was Monday. Dexter hadn't been able to hang out with us all day, but invited us to come over and hang out at his house. Sienna and I were getting ready.

"What do you think?" I asked Sienna as I came out of the bathroom.

It was a warmer day, so I wore a red halter top, black dressy shorts, and black stilettos. My hair was in a side pony tail, and I was wearing silver hoops. I didn't put any makeup on, deciding to go with the natural look.

"Sexy, as usual," said Sienna with a wink.

I blushed, and she smiled with satisfaction. If anyone looked sexy, it was her. Her golden blonde hair was down in perfect curls, and she wore a fitted long sleeve grey shirt with denim shorts and flip flops. She didn't have any makeup or jewelry on, and even though the look was casual, she made it so much more. I still felt like a 2 next to her.

"Ready to go?" she asked.

"Yes I am!" I said, and we walked out of her room.

There was no one to say goodbye to because her parents were out of town for a few days on business, and her brother was staying over at his girlfriend's house, so we made our way straight to her car.